Mali at the 2004 Summer Olympics
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Mali at the
2004 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Comité National Olympique et Sportif du Mali|
|Competitors||23 in 4 sports|
|Flag bearer||Kadiatou Camara|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
|Ibrahima Maiga||400 m hurdles||50.63||6||Did not advance|
|Kadiatou Camara||200 m||23.56||6||Did not advance|
The following is the Malian squad in the men's football tournament of the 2004 Summer Olympics.
Head coach: Cheick Oumar Kone
|#||Pos.||Player||Date of birth (age)||Caps||Goals||2004 club|
|1||GK||Fousseiny Tangara*||12 June 1978 (aged 26)||0||0||FC Mantes|
|2||MF||Mamadi Berthe||17 January 1983 (aged 21)||0||0||Sedan|
|3||DF||Adama Tamboura||18 May 1985 (aged 19)||0||0||Djoliba AC|
|4||DF||Moussa Coulibaly||15 September 1981 (aged 22)||0||0||AS Bamako|
|5||DF||Boubacar Koné||21 August 1984 (aged 19)||0||0||AS Bamako|
|6||DF||Boucader Diallo||14 September 1984 (aged 19)||0||0||Stade Malien|
|7||FW||Tenema N'Diaye||13 February 1981 (aged 23)||0||0||CS Sfaxien|
|8||MF||Abdou Traore||5 August 1981 (aged 23)||0||0||Djoliba AC|
|9||MF||Rafan Sidibé||12 March 1984 (aged 20)||0||0||Stade Malien|
|10||MF||Mintou Doucoure||19 July 1982 (aged 22)||0||0||JS Centre Setif Keita|
|11||FW||Sédonoudé Abouta||1 January 1981 (aged 23)||0||0||Djoliba AC|
|12||DF||Drissa Diakité||18 February 1985 (aged 19)||0||0||Djoliba AC|
|13||FW||Dramane Traoré||17 June 1982 (aged 22)||0||0||Ismaily SC|
|14||DF||Mohamed Sissoko||22 January 1985 (aged 19)||0||0||Valencia|
|15||MF||Jimmy Kébé||19 January 1984 (aged 20)||0||0||Lens|
|16||GK||Soumbeïla Diakité||25 August 1984 (aged 19)||0||0||Stade Malien|
|17||FW||Mamadou Diallo||17 April 1982 (aged 22)||0||0||USM Alger|
|18||GK||Cheick Bathily||10 October 1982 (aged 21)||0||0||Djoliba AC|
* Over-aged player.
- Group play
|Qualified for the quarterfinals|
11 August 2004
|Mali||0 – 0||Mexico|
14 August 2004
|Greece||0 – 2||Mali|
17 August 2004
|South Korea||3 – 3||Mali|
|Cho J.J. 57', 59'
Tamboura 64' (o.g.)
|Report||N'Diaye 7', 24', 55'|
21 August 2004
|Mali||0 – 1 (a.e.t.)||Italy|
One Malian judoka qualified for the 2004 Summer Olympics.
|Athlete||Event||Round of 32||Round of 16||Quarterfinals||Semifinals||Repechage 1||Repechage 2||Repechage 3||Final / BM|
|Bourama Mariko||Men's −73 kg|| Bastea (ROM)
|Did not advance|
|David Keita||50 m freestyle||29.96||79||Did not advance|
|Mariam Pauline Keita||100 m breaststroke||1:30.40||46||Did not advance|
- "2004 Athens: Flag Bearers for the Opening Ceremony". Olympics. 13 August 2004. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Retrieved June 4, 2011.
- "IAAF Games of the XXX Olympiad – Athens 2004 Entry Standards". IAAF. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- "Games of the XXVIII Olympiad Football Qualifying Tournament". Rec Sport Soccer Statistics Foundation. 13 March 2005. Retrieved 26 June 2008.
- "Olympic Men's Football Tournaments Athens 2004 – Squad List: Mali (MLI)". FIFA. Retrieved 2 October 2015.