This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
March 27, 1977 |
Loma Linda, California, United States
|Spouse(s)||Alex O'Loughlin (m. 2014)|
|Children||3 (one from previous relationship)|
Life and career
Jones was born in Loma Linda, California, and moved to Kailua, Hawaii, at the age of two. Jones is of Hawaiian, Spanish-Filipino, German and English descent. She began to surf competitively in her early teens, and at age 15 won the girls' division of the United States Amateur Surfing Championship. While competing, Surfing Magazine spotted her and asked her to model for their swimsuit issue, and thus a second career was born.
Since then, she has appeared on the cover of over a dozen magazines, and has been named one of the "50 Most Beautiful People" by People magazine, and one of America's "10 Sexiest Athletes" by Esquire. She has also been a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model. Jones has done TV commercials for American Express, Capri Sun, Coca-Cola, Corona Beer, and VO5 shampoo. Jones was also a consultant for the Disney movie Lilo & Stitch. She also designs a line of swimwear for Mambo Graphics sportswear.
She married surfer Conan Hayes in 1999 then divorced. In 2007, she married Australian professional surfer Luke Stedman. In 2009, she gave birth to the couple's son. Jones divided her time between Hawaii, France and Sydney, Australia.
- "Malia Jones: Model/Surfer - Most Beautiful". People.com. 1998-05-11. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "ASP World Tour". archive.is. 2007-10-25. Archived from the original on October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-28.
- MidWeek Cover Story Archived August 24, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Morgan, Celeste (October 27, 2012). "Hawaii Five-0 star Alex O'Loughlin welcomes son with partner Malia Jones". Mail Online. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- Garcia, Jennifer (April 18, 2014). "Alex O'Loughlin Marries Malia Jones". people.com. Retrieved April 19, 2014.