Malibu Ken is an American hip hop duo composed of rapper Aesop Rock and multi-instrumentalist Tobacco. The duo released their eponymous debut album on January 18, 2019, through Rhymesayers Entertainment.
In 2007, Tobacco's band Black Moth Super Rainbow opened for part of a North American tour headlined by Aesop Rock. According to Aesop, he and Tobacco had wanted to work together on a project since their meeting during this tour, with Aesop calling Tobacco's production "something special". The following year, Aesop featured on the track "Dirt" from Tobacco's debut album Fucked Up Friends. In November 2018, the pair announced that they were releasing their debut album under the moniker Malibu Ken in January 2019, and released the album's first single "Acid King" and its accompanying music video at the same time. The second single, "Corn Maze", released the following month, also with a music video. On January 18, 2019, Malibu Ken was released by Rhymesayers Entertainment.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart position|
|"Acid King"||2018||Malibu Ken|
- Octigan, Cameron (July 24, 2007). "Aesop Rock Tours with Black Moth Super Rainbow, Cage". XLR8R. Retrieved January 22, 2019.
- Schatz, Lake (November 20, 2018). "Aesop Rock and Tobacco form new group Malibu Ken, announce debut album". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved January 22, 2019.
- Breihan, Tom (January 18, 2019). "Stream Aesop Rock & Tobacco's New Album Malibu Ken". Stereogum. Retrieved January 22, 2019.
- Leas, Ryan (December 18, 2018). "Malibu Ken (Aesop Rock & TOBACCO) – "Corn Maze" Video". Stereogum. Retrieved January 22, 2019.
- "Aesop Rock Chart History (Billboard 200)". Billboard. Retrieved January 29, 2019.
|This article on a hip hop music group or collective is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|