||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Malik Sulaiman|
|Born||1968 (age 48–49)
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||62 kg (137 lb)|
|Laser, Dragon, Enterprise, J24, and OK Dinghy, Super Moth class of Yacht Regatta Sailing Sport|
Captain (Naval) Malik Sulaiman (born 1968) is a Malaysian yachtsman and Navy officer of Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN). Born in June 1968, at Muar, Johor, Malaysia, he joined the Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) at the age of 18. He was promoted to the rank of Captain (Capt) on 18 March 2016.
His interest in sailing started at age 17. His debut in racing was made in the Armed Forces National Championship, and he won the competition. He was then 19 years old. The first boat that he has sailed is of Laser class. His primary training session started when he undergone his intern as a warfare electrician at HMAS Nirimba, Sydney, Australia.
In addition, other than competing in Laser class, he has also competed in other classes including Dragon, Enterprise, [J24], and OK Dinghy. Present class that he put his interest is in  Platu 25 and IRC racing in Farr 52. He has also been competing in various international sailing competitions and was the Silver Medalist of Super Moth Class of Regatta event at the Bangkok 1998 XIII Asian Games (ASIAD). Prior to the Games, he has represented the nation in the series of South East Asia Games (SEA Games) including Manila 1991, Singapore 1993 and Chiang Mai 1995. He is also a sailor with high profile and competing actively in Raja Muda Selangor International Regatta Royal, Langkawi International Regatta and Terengganu Monsoon Cup which are held annually coast of Peninsular Malaysia. Currently, he is attached to RMN Yacht Club and has been coaching since 1986 for various classes.
Besides coaching at his yacht club, he also holds the position of National Sailing Technical Director, Malaysian Yachting Association. He is a naval Electronics Engineer specialised in naval weapon and training system. He is a certified Professional Engineer  of Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) which carries the title of Ir. His academic qualification is in microelectronics. He has completed his Bachelor or Engineering (Hons) in Microelectronics and Master of Science in the same field from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) (i.e. Malaysian National University) in year 2002 and 2014 respectively. Currently he is pursuing a doctorate degree in the same field at the same university.
- tldm_rasmi (11 April 2016), Majlis Pemakaian Pangkat Pegawai TLDM, Kuala Lumpur: Royal Malaysian Navy Twitter, retrieved 13 April 2016
- "farr Boats for sale". BoatQuest. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- Hamden Ramli (15 October 2005), "Dedikasi/Malik Kejutkan", Utusan Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur: Malaysian Yacht Racer, retrieved 5 December 2007
- Turut manjayakan Program Piala Monsoon (3 December 2006), "Bandar Layar jolokan baru Kuala Terengganu", Utusan Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur: Malik Sulaiman Live Journal, archived from the original on 30 November 2012
- http://www.bem.org.my/v3/professional.html. Missing or empty
- "KFC Holdings give sailors RM1.5mil boost". Thestar.com.my. 15 November 2007. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- "Blown away by sailing stint". Thestar.com.my. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- Loganath Velloo (6 February 2007). "TLDM confident of giving rivals a hard time". Thestar.com.my. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- "Yachtsmen targeting 4 golds at Korat". Thestar.com.my. Retrieved 23 May 2012.