|Malini Agarwal a.k.a. MissMalini|
Malini Agarwal in 2012
26 May 1977|
Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Occupation||Celebrity Blogger, Founder & Blogger-in-Chief of MissMalini.com, Radio DJ|
|Years active||2000 − current|
Malini Agarwal (born 26 May 1977), a.k.a. MissMalini, is an Indian digital influencer, TV host, entrepreneur and best-selling author. Formerly a DJ on Mumbai's Radio One (India) and Head of Digital Content for Channel V India, she founded her blog MissMalini.com in 2008, covering gossip and current events in Bollywood, Indian television, fashion, beauty and lifestyle. Aside from radio and her blog, she has also guest anchored several television shows, including CNN-IBN's Tech Toyz and UTV Bindass' Style Police, as well as two seasons of her own show MissMalini's World on TLC and Inside Access with MissMalini on vh1.
Agarwal was born on 26 May 1977, in Allahabad, India. She grew up in various countries as her parents worked with the Indian foreign service, eventually graduating from Delhi University and moving to Mumbai, where she now lives.
Agarwal started her radio career as a Radio Jockey with WIN 94.6 in Mumbai, which later became GO 92.5 and then Radio One 94.3. Some of the shows she hosted included Horn OK Please, 225, Tiger Time with Malini, Overdrive and Malini till Midnight. Agarwal worked her way up to Programming Director before she decided to transition to digital TV, becoming Channel V India's Head of Digital Content. Although she no longer hosts her own show, Agarwal continues to be a regular contributor to radio shows, including a weekly call-in with the BBC Asia Network.
MissMalini.com was founded as a hobby blog in 2008, as an extension to the gossip column Agarwal had been writing on the side for many years, with Mumbai tabloid MidDay. Following a surge in readership, she decided to leave Channel V to focus full-time on the blog. The blog draws inspiration from international sites such as PerezHilton and PopSugar covering all aspects of Bollywood and celebrity life. It also covers the latest in Indian and international fashion trends, along with lifestyle content such as Travel, Food, and Nightlife. MissMalini.com is also the official blogging partner for fashion properties in India like Lakme Fashion Week, Blender's Pride Fashion Tour, and India Resort Fashion Week. The blog has also covered fashion events outside of India, most recently Cape Town Fashion Week 2012.
Agarwal is also related with her show "Inside access with Miss Malini" where she meets several celebrities and does fun stuff together. Season 1 has finished airing with season 2 in progress.
Agarwal and her blog missmalini.com are regularly featured in leading digital and print fashion and lifestyle publications, including Elle, Cosmopolitan, Harper's Bazaar, Grazia, Femina (India), and Glamrs.com among others.
Agarwal is the author of the book To The Moon: How I Blogged My Way To Bollywood.
- Atray Banan, Aastha "Miss Malini Dot Who?", Open Magazine, 19 May 2012
- Reuters "Meet the face of the new India: 'Blogging princess' Miss Malini", The Globe & Mail, 12 February 2013
- "Vh1 - Inside Access with Miss Malini". Indian Television Dot Com. 2018-02-08. Retrieved 2018-02-27.
- Behal, Ambika. "How India's First Bollywood Blog Turned Into A Media House: A Question and Answer With MissMalini". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-02-27.
- Duttagupta, Ishani (2015-09-14). "MissMalini.com: How Malini Agarwal has opened a new growth avenue of Bollywood fashion in lifestyle e-tail". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2018-02-27.
- "HT-Nielsen top 10: Miss Malini's To The Moon new entrant on nonfiction list". hindustantimes.com/. 2018-01-20. Retrieved 2018-02-27.
- CNN-IBN "Tech Toyz: gossip special with Miss Malini", CNN-IBN, 25 June 2011
- Firstpost "Rahul Khanna, Manasi Scott, Poorna Jagannathan with MissMalini on UTVBindass Style Police Episode #7", Firstpost, 9 June 2011
- "New show on TV: Get up close & personal with Bollywood's biggies". India Today. 2015-08-11. Retrieved 2018-02-28.
- "Moving from website to TV: MissMalini.com". Moneycontrol. Retrieved 2018-02-28.
- "ब्लॉगिंग के शौक ने मालिनी को बनाया STAR, जो लिखती हैं, बन जाता है ट्रेंड". dainikbhaskar (in Hindi). 2016-07-23. Retrieved 2018-02-28.
- "Blogging It Right". Verve Magazine. 2015-01-06. Retrieved 2018-02-28.
- BBC Asian Network [Raj and Pablo http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01qg8s5], Raj and Pablo Show
- Avantika Sharma "Blog watch: Young and Fabulous", IndiaToday.in, 20 January 2012
- Ranjit Rodricks "All the Glitz & Glamour From Lakme Fashion Week Opening Party", MissMalini.com, 3 August 2012
- Karen Alfonso "Blenders Pride Fashion Tour 2012 Kicks Off", MissMalini.com, 4 September 2012
- Ranjit Rodricks "Get Set for India Resort Fashion Week 2012 in Goa from November 28th to December 2nd", MissMalini.com, 9 November 2012
- Nowshad Rizwanullah "Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Cape Town: Days 1 & 2", MissMalini.com, 20 August 2012
- Nowshad Rizwanullah "Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Cape Town: Days 3 & 4", MissMalini.com, 21 August 2012
- Heranandani, Naina "Elle Women 2011", Elle India, January 2011
- Datta, Joy "Friday Style" Archived 10 April 2013 at Archive.is, Elle India, January 2011
- Chawla, Akanksha The Cool Thing I Do..., Cosmopolitan India, April 2012
- Malini Agarwal, Trousseau Talk, Harper's Bazaar, October 2011
- "A Day in the Life of Celebrity Blogger MissMalini", Grazia India, June 2012
- Dhruv, Saloni "Little Miss Perfect", Femina, June 2012
- Symons, Pallavi "Miss Malini's Cover Look: Step-by-Step Tutorial" Archived 11 April 2013 at Archive.is, Glamrs.com, February 2013
- Ranganna, Akhila (2018-01-05). "Miss Malini's new book documents her journey". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-03-08.