|Malini Agarwal a.k.a. MissMalini|
Malini Agarwal in 2012
|Born||26 May 1977|
|Occupation||Celebrity Blogger, Founder & Blogger-in-Chief of MissMalini.com, Radio DJ|
|Years active||2000 − current|
Malini Agarwal (born 26 May 1977), a.k.a. MissMalini, is widely regarded as India's first and most famous celebrity blogger. Formerly a popular DJ on Mumbai's Radio One (India) and Head of Digital Content for Channel V India, she founded her blog MissMalini.com in 2008 covering the latest gossip and news from the worlds of Bollywood, Fashion and Lifestyle. As described by The Huffington Post, "Agarwal and her team cover everything that's hot." Aside from radio and her blog, she has also guest anchored various television shows, including CNN-IBN's Tech Toyz and UTV Bindass' Style Police.
Agarwal was born on 26 May 1977, in Allahabad, India. She grew up in various countries as her parents worked with the Indian foreign service, eventually graduating from Delhi University and moving to Mumbai, where she now lives.
Agarwal started her radio career as a Radio Jockey with WIN 94.6 in Mumbai, which later became GO 92.5 and then Radio One 94.3. Some of the shows she hosted included Horn OK Please, 225, Tiger Time with Malini, Overdrive and Malini till Midnight. Agarwal worked her way up to Programming Director before she decided to transition to digital TV, becoming Channel V India's Head of Digital Content. Although she no longer hosts her own show, Agarwal continues to be a regular contributor to radio shows around the world, including a weekly call-in with the BBC Asia Network.
MissMalini.com was founded as a hobby blog in 2008, as a natural extension to the gossip column Agarwal had been writing on the side for many years, with Mumbai tabloid MidDay. Following a surge in readership, she decided to leave Channel V to focus full-time on the blog. The blog draws inspiration from international sites such as PerezHilton and PopSugar covering all aspects of Bollywood and celebrity life. It also covers the latest in Indian and international fashion trends, along with lifestyle content such as Travel, Food, and Nightlife. MisMalini.com's popularity has allowed it to become the official blogging partner for leading fashion properties in India including Lakme Fashion Week, Blender's Pride Fashion Tour, and India Resort Fashion Week. The blog has also been invited to cover fashion events outside of India, most recently Cape Town Fashion Week 2012.
Fashion & Lifestyle Publications
Agarwal and her blog missmalini.com are regularly featured in leading digital and print fashion and lifestyle publications, including Elle, Cosmopolitan, Harper's Bazaar, Grazia, Femina (India), and Glamrs.com among others.
- Atray Banan, Aastha "Miss Malini Dot Who?", Open Magazine, 19 May 2012
- Reuters "Meet the face of the new India: 'Blogging princess' Miss Malini", The Globe & Mail, 12 February 2013
- Marissa Bronfman "Blogging in Bombay: Miss Malini Builds a Business", The Huffington Post, 01/11/12
- CNN-IBN "Tech Toyz: gossip special with Miss Malini", CNN-IBN, 25 June 2011
- Firstpost "Rahul Khanna, Manasi Scott, Poorna Jagannathan with MissMalini on UTVBindass Style Police Episode #7", Firstpost, 9 June 2011
- BBC Asian Network [Raj and Pablo http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01qg8s5], Raj and Pablo Show
- Avantika Sharma "Blog watch: Young and Fabulous", IndiaToday.in, 20 January 2012
- Ranjit Rodricks "All the Glitz & Glamour From Lakme Fashion Week Opening Party", MissMalini.com, 3 August 2012
- Karen Alfonso "Blenders Pride Fashion Tour 2012 Kicks Off", MissMalini.com, 4 September 2012
- Ranjit Rodricks "Get Set for India Resort Fashion Week 2012 in Goa from November 28th to December 2nd", MissMalini.com, 9 November 2012
- Nowshad Rizwanullah "Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Cape Town: Days 1 & 2", MissMalini.com, 20 August 2012
- Nowshad Rizwanullah "Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Cape Town: Days 3 & 4", MissMalini.com, 21 August 2012
- Heranandani, Naina "Elle Women 2011", Elle India, January 2011
- Datta, Joy "Friday Style", Elle India, January 2011
- Chawla, Akanksha The Cool Thing I Do..., Cosmopolitan India, April 2012
- Malini Agarwal, Trousseau Talk, Harper's Bazaar, October 2011
- "A Day in the Life of Celebrity Blogger MissMalini", Grazia India, June 2012
- Dhruv, Saloni "Little Miss Perfect", Femina, June 2012
- Symons, Pallavi "Miss Malini's Cover Look: Step-by-Step Tutorial", Glamrs.com, February 2013