Malkumba-Coongie Lakes National Park
|Malkumba-Coongie Lakes National Park|
|Nearest town or city||Innamincka|
|Established||22 December 1988|
|Area||266.69 km2 (103.0 sq mi)|
Yandruwandha Yawarrawarrka Parks Advisory Committee,
South Australian Arid Lands Natural Resources Management Board.
|Website||Malkumba-Coongie Lakes National Park|
|See also||Protected areas of South Australia|
Malkumba-Coongie Lakes National Park is a protected area located in the north-east of South Australia about 110 kilometres (68 miles) north-west of Innamincka. The national park was proclaimed on 31 March 2005 as the Coongie Lakes National Park under National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972 over a parcel of land previously part of the Innamincka Regional Reserve to "conserve significant wetlands, provide experiences for visitors and ensure that the core component of the Coongie Lakes system was protected." The national park is located on land that was included on the List of Wetlands of International Importance under the Ramsar Convention under the name, Coongie Lakes in 1987. In 2014, the national park was renamed as the Malkumba-Coongie Lakes National Park. The national park is co-managed by the Department of Environment and Water (DEW), the Yandruwandha Yawarrawarrka Parks Advisory Committee and South Australian Arid Lands Natural Resources Management Board. It is classified as an IUCN Category II protected area.
- "Protected Areas Information System - reserve list (as of 25 November 2014)" (PDF). Department of Environment Water and Natural Resources. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Coongie Lakes National Park". Gazetteer of Australia online. Geoscience Australia, Australian Government.
- "Malkumba-Coongie Lakes National Park Management Plan 2014" (PDF). Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources. 2014. pp. 2,4&9. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "Coongie Lakes Ramsar wetlands; a plan for wise use" (PDF). Department of Environment, Heritage & Aboriginal Affairs. 1999. p. 2. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "New name for the Coongie Lakes National Park" (PDF). Government of South Australia. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas of South Australia (see 'DETAIL' tab)". CAPAD 2012. Australian Government - Department of the Environment. 6 February 2014. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- Malkumba-Coongie Lakes National Park official webpage
- Malkumba-Coongie Lakes National Park webpage on protected planet
|This South Australia protected areas related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This protected areas-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|