View of Mallén from the west
|Comarca||Campo de Borja|
|• Total||37 km2 (14 sq mi)|
|Elevation||293 m (961 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Mallén is a municipality located in the province of Zaragoza, Aragon, Spain. According to the 2010 census the municipality has a population of 3074 inhabitants. Its postal code is 50550. Mallén is located close to Road N-232 in the Huecha River valley, near the Ebro on its right side. Belsinon is an ancient Celtiberian archeological site located in the Cerro del Convento hillock, formerly known as Mania or Manlia, near Mallén.
Santos González Roncal, one of the "Últimos de Filipinas" soldiers at the Siege of Baler was born in Mallén in 1873. He was executed by the Guardia Civil at the beginning of the Spanish Civil War, on 8 September 1936.
According to a local tradition, the musicians of Mallén did not know how to play while walking during a religious procession. Thus a horse cart was provided and they played while they sat on the cart. Following this event, some aphorisms became part of the tradition of the surrounding towns.
- "Municipal Register of Spain 2018". National Statistics Institute. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- Instituto Nacional de Estadística (Spain)
- Guía de Mallén, Información general
- Tríptico Santos González Roncal - Grupo Cultural Belsinon - Ayuntamiento de Mallén
- "Los músicos de Mallén". Archived from the original on 2011-08-12. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- GEA Frase hecha
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mallén.|
- BFM Mallén
- Mallén Town Hall website
- Asociación Cultural Belsinon
- Villa de Mallén
- Asociación Cultural Révolté
- Mallén en Campo de Borja[permanent dead link]
|This article about a location in Aragon, Spain, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|