Goodman in 2015
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||January 4, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Florence, South Carolina|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||276 lb (125 kg)|
|High school:||Florence (SC) West|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 4 / Pick: 127|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2015|
Malliciah Goodman (born January 4, 1990) is an American football defensive end who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Clemson, and was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in the fourth round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Goodman was born in Florence, South Carolina. He attended West Florence High School, and played for the West Florence Knights high school football team. He had a productive senior season with 73 tackles, 27 tackles for loss, and 15 sacks in nine games, and was a finalist for Mr. Football in South Carolina. He participated in the 2009 U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio, Texas.
Rated a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, he was rated the second best strong side defensive end in the nation. He accepted a scholarship offer from Clemson University over offers from Maryland, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. He was also active in his local Boy Scout troop, achieving the rank of Life Scout.
Following his high school graduation in December 2008, Goodman enrolled in Clemson University in January 2009, and immediately began practice with the Clemson Tigers football team. During his college career, he amassed 150 tackles, 21.5 tackles for a loss, 12 quarterback sacks, 35 quarterback pressures, three pass breakups, eight forced fumbles, and one recovered fumble, in 2,061 snaps over 54 games (28 starts) in his career. He is tied for second in Clemson Tigers team history in games played and tied for third in forced fumbles.
On September 3, 2016, Goodman was waived by the Falcons due to final roster cuts.
Atlanta Falcons (second stint)
- "Malliciah Goodman". Rivals.com. Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- "Community Captain: Malliciah Goodman". Scout.com. Retrieved June 26, 2014.
- "Goodman drafted by Falcons in 4th Round". TigerNet.com. April 27, 2013.
- Alper, Josh. "Falcons get three more draft picks in the fold". NBCSports.com. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- "Falcons Make First Wave of Roster Cuts". AtlantaFalcons.com.
- "Seahawks Sign DE Malliciah Goodman, Place Quinton Jefferson on Injured Reserve". Seahawks.com. October 25, 2016.
- Boyle, John (November 1, 2016). "Seahawks Make Roster Move, But Stand Pat at Trade Deadline". Seahawks.com.
- Jackson, Curtis (December 6, 2016). "Falcons Sign DL Malliciah Goodman". AtlantaFalcons.com.
- Jackson, Curtis (December 22, 2016). "Falcons Waive Therezie, Goodman; Promote Keyes, Tialavea". AtlantaFalcons.com.