Braathens Regional Aviation
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Parent company||Braganza AS|
|Key people||Per G. Braathen (Owner)
Knut A Solberg(CEO)
Braathens Regional Aviation is an airline based in Malmö, Sweden. It was known under the name Malmö Aviation and operated domestic routes in Sweden from its hub at Stockholm-Bromma Airport until February 2016, when its operations merged with Sverigeflyg to form BRA Braathens Regional Airlines. In the process the airline changed its name to Braathens Regional Aviation and ceased its network-operations. Instead it now provides aircraft wet-leasing services for its sister airline.
citation needed] In the late 1980s it began operating cargo services on behalf of TNT with BAe 146-200QT jet aircraft; and examples of the turboprop Fokker F27 Friendship and its derivatives the Fairchild F-27 and Fairchild Hiller FH-227. [
In March 2016, the operational part of Malmö Aviation was merged into BRA - Braathens Regional Airlines together with Sverigeflyg and the name was changed to Braathens Regional Aviation.
Braathens Regional Aviation does not operate flights under its own name. Instead the aircraft are used to operate flights for sister airline BRA - Braathens Regional Airlines.
As of April 2016 the Braathens Regional Aviation fleet consists of the following aircraft:
|Bombardier CS100||0||5||TBA||To be delivered in 2018|
|Bombardier CS300||0||5||TBA||To be delivered in 2018|
In September 2014, Malmö Aviation stated that it would no longer be the CS100's launch customer.
- "History". Malmö Aviation. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- "Inrikesflyget blir BRA – det innebär nya satsningen". Allt om Resor (in Swedish). Retrieved 2016-03-07.
- "Malmö Aviation och Sverigeflyg blir BRA - Allt om Resor". Allt om Resor.
- World Airline Directory (1989), p.103 retrieved 19 July 2016
- Flottau, Jens. "Bombardier's CSeries Faces Increased Skepticism". Aviation Week.
- Williams, George (1 April 1989). "World Airline Directory". Flight International. Vol. 135 no. 4158. London: Reed Business Publishing. pp. 30–133. ISSN 0015-3710.
Media related to Malmö Aviation at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (Swedish)