Malnutrition in Kerala
According to the India State Hunger Index published by the International Food Policy Research Institute, the severity of hunger and malnutrition in Kerala is the second lowest in India, and is considered to be "serious".
According to the India State Hunger Index:
- 19% of children in Kerala are underweight.
- 28.6% of the total population are undernourished
- Infant mortality rate in Kerala is 1.6%: this figure is the lowest among Indian states
- "India State Hunger Index: Comparisons of hunger across states" (PDF). International Food Policy Research Institute. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "India's malnourished infants". The Economist. ISSN 0013-0613. Retrieved 2015-10-02.
|This article related to Kerala is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|