Malpractice (Dr. Feelgood album)
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||Olympic Studios & Pye Studios, London|
|Genre||Rhythm and blues, rock and roll, pub rock|
|Label||United Artists (UK)|
|Dr. Feelgood chronology|
|Christgau's Record Guide||B|
Malpractice was the second Dr. Feelgood album, released in October 1975.
The album reached number 17 in the UK Albums Chart in November 1975, and remained in that chart for six weeks. It was their first recording to chart, and appeared almost two years before their first single to do so in the corresponding UK Singles Chart - "Sneakin' Suspicion" (June 1977).
Malpractice saw Dr. Feelgood break into the UK Top 20, the success of the release a gauge of a change in the musical climate. With their drainpipe suits, short hair, and surly demeanour, they were as influential as any at the inception of punk rock.
- "I Can Tell" (Ellas McDaniel, Samuel F. Smith) 2:46
- "Going Back Home" (Mick Green, Wilko Johnson) 4:00
- "Back in the Night" (Wilko Johnson) 3:18
- "Another Man" (Wilko Johnson) 2:55
- "Rolling and Tumbling" (McKinley Morganfield) 3:12
- "Don't Let Your Daddy Know" (Wilko Johnson) 2:57
- "Watch Your Step" (Bobby Parker) 3:23
- "Don't You Just Know It" (Huey "Piano" Smith, Johnny Vincent) 3:49
- "Riot in Cell Block No. 9" (Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller) 3:40
- "Because You're Mine" (Wilko Johnson, Nick Lowe, Sparks) 4:54
- "You Shouldn't Call the Doctor (If You Can't Afford the Bills)" (Wilko Johnson) 2:36
- Dr. Feelgood
- Lee Brilleaux - guitar, harmonica, lead vocals
- Wilko Johnson - guitar, backing vocals
- The Big Figure - drums
- John B. Sparks - bass
- Bruce Eder. "Malpractice - Dr. Feelgood | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- Christgau, Robert (1981). "Consumer Guide '70s: D". Christgau's Record Guide: Rock Albums of the Seventies. Ticknor & Fields. ISBN 089919026X. Retrieved February 24, 2019 – via robertchristgau.com.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 162. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Strong, Martin C. (2000). The Great Rock Discography (5th ed.). Edinburgh: Mojo Books. pp. 290–291. ISBN 1-84195-017-3.