Malta Standards Authority
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The MSA is a government agency under the Office of the Prime Minister. The MSA consists of two divisions. The Legal Metrology Division is responsible for inspection and verification. The National Metrology Institute (MSA-NMS) is responsible for maintaining measurement standards for Malta.
MSA-NMS has three goals.
- To provide a means of local knowledge transfer in the various measurement areas.
- To reduce the overall economic load for the acquisition of traceable measure in the same fields for all national stakeholders. In the medium to long term, MSA-NMS will be a net cost saver for Maltese stakeholders.
- To facilitate the fulfillment of traceable calibration requirements for laboratories intending to become accredited.
MSA-NMS maintains standards and is able to perform calibrations in the following measurement disciplines:
- (PDF) https://web.archive.org/web/20081006100752/http://www.msa.org.mt/metrology/downloads/MSA-NMS-Structure.pdf. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 6, 2008. Retrieved July 5, 2010. Missing or empty
- "European Association of National Metrology Institutes: Members and Associates". Euramet.org. 2014-07-30. Retrieved 2015-05-28.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20090209180614/http://msa.org.mt/metrology/overview.html. Archived from the original on February 9, 2009. Retrieved July 5, 2010. Missing or empty