|Founded||19 November 1999|
MaltaToday was first published on Friday, 19 November 1999. It was edited by Saviour Balzan, and intended to provide an alternative to the English-language press in circulation, such as the Times of Malta and the Malta Independent.
Initially published weekly on Fridays, the paper was then published on Sundays from 2001, with an additional Wednesday midweek paper being reintroduced in 2007.
The style of paper is liberal and pro-European, and is independent of political parties.
The sister Maltese-language paper Illum was first published in 2006.
The current editorial lineup includes Matthew Vella as Executive Editor, with Saviour Balzan as Managing Editor. The online editor is Kurt Sansone.
- "MaltaToday.com.mt - About Us". MaltaToday.com.mt. Retrieved 15 February 2020.
- "Malta Today". eurotopics.net. Retrieved 15 February 2020.
- "http://www.illum.com.mt/min-ahna/". MaltaToday.com.mt. Retrieved 15 February 2020. External link in
- "Principais sites em Malta - Classificação de sites da SimilarWeb". www.similarweb.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved 15 February 2020.
- Peregin, Chris (29 July 2019). "MaltaToday Editors 'Not Compromised' Despite Company Acting As Government Advertising Agency". Lovin Malta. Retrieved 15 February 2020.