Malta Township, DeKalb County, Illinois
Location in DeKalb County
DeKalb County's location in Illinois
|• Total||34.97 sq mi (90.6 km2)|
|• Land||34.9 sq mi (90 km2)|
|• Water||0.07 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.20%|
|Elevation||915 ft (279 m)|
|• Density||46.1/sq mi (17.8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60111, 60115, 60150, 61068|
|GNIS feature ID||0429314|
Malta Township is one of nineteen townships in DeKalb County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,608 and it contained 640 housing units. Malta Township was originally formed as Etna Township from a portion of DeKalb Township in September, 1856; it was renamed to Malta Township in December 1858. Kishwaukee College is in this township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.97 square miles (90.6 km2), of which 34.9 square miles (90 km2) (or 99.80%) is land and 0.07 square miles (0.18 km2) (or 0.20%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these two cemeteries: Hudson and Malta.
Airports and landing strips
- Hendrickson Flying Service Airport
- Harkness Lake
- Dekalb Community Unit School District 428
- Indian Creek Community Unit District 425
- Illinois's 16th congressional district
- State House District 70
- State Senate District 35
- "Malta Township, DeKalb County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Lynnville Township, Ogle County||South Grove Township||Mayfield Township|
|Dement Township, Ogle County||DeKalb Township|
|Alto Township, Lee County||Milan Township||Afton Township|