Example of a graph created by Maltego CaseFile
|Platform||GNU/Linux, macOS, Windows|
Maltego is proprietary software used for open-source intelligence and forensics, developed by Paterva. Maltego focuses on providing a library of transforms for discovery of data from open sources, and visualizing that information in a graph format, suitable for link analysis and data mining.
Maltego permits creating custom entities, allowing it to represent any type of information in addition to the basic entity types which are part of the software. The basic focus of the application is analyzing real-world relationships (social networks and computer network nodes) between people, groups, Webpages, domains, networks, internet infrastructure, and affiliations with online services such as Twitter and Facebook. Among its data sources are DNS records, whois records, search engines, online social networks, various online APIs and various meta data.
- "Paterva FAQ". Paterva.com. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- "Paterva Home". Paterva.com. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- "Maltego CE". paterva.com. Retrieved 2018-05-29.
- Black Hat (3 August 2014). "The Machines That Betrayed Their Masters by Glenn Wilkinson". YouTube. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- Channel2600 (22 July 2014). "HOPE X (2014): You've Lost Privacy, Now They're Taking Anonymity". YouTube. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- Overview of Maltego
- Maltego Introduction and Personal Recon
- Visualizing DomainTools Data with Maltego
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|