Map of Sarangani with Malungon highlighted
|Region||SOCCSKSARGEN (Region XII)|
|• Mayor||Reynaldo F. Constantino|
|• Total||750.92 km2 (289.93 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||140/km2 (360/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)83|
|Income class||1st municipal income class|
|Electorate||63,707 voters as of 2016|
Malungon is a landlocked town at the north-eastern part of Sarangani. It is bounded on the west by Tupi, South Cotabato, on the north by the province of Davao del Sur, east by Malita, capital of the newly created province of Davao Occidental, on the south by Alabel (the provincial capital) and General Santos City, and on the south-west by Polomolok, South Cotabato.
- Datal Batong
- Datal Bila
- Datal Tampal
- J.P. Laurel
- Lower Mainit
- Malalag Cogon
- Malungon Gamay
- San Juan
- San Miguel
- San Roque
- Upper Biangan
- Upper Lumabat
- Upper Mainit
|Population census of Malungon|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
Malungon's economy is largely based on agriculture with a high level production of dried coconut meat. Animal husbandry is the second biggest income earner, notably cattle farming. Other agricultural products are coconuts, maize, sugarcane, bananas, pineapples, mangoes, pork, eggs, beef, marijuana Plantation (who wrote this) and fish.
The economy has accelerated in the past decade driven by advances in global communication technology and the finishing of a modern highway that tremendously improved trade and transport.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Province: SARANGANI". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region XII (Soccsksargen)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region XII (Soccsksargen)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region XII (Soccsksargen)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Sarangani". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Malungon Municipal Profile at the Province of Sarangani Official Website
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Malalag, Davao del Sur||Santa Maria, Davao Occidental|
|Tampakan, South Cotabato
Tupi, South Cotabato
|Malita, Davao Occidental|
|Polomolok, South Cotabato||General Santos / Alabel|