|• Total||60.92 km2 (23.52 sq mi)|
|• Density||444.5/km2 (1,151/sq mi)|
|Website||Malyn governmental site|
Malyn (Ukrainian: Малин, Malyn) (sometimes spelled Malin) is a city in Zhytomyr Oblast (province) of Ukraine located about 65 miles (100 km) northwest of Kiev. It serves as the administrative center of Malyn Raion, though administratively it does not belong to the raion and is incorporated separately as a city of oblast significance. Population: 26,934 (2013 est.)
The town hosts a seismic monitoring station (designated PS-45) belonging to an international network of nuclear test monitoring stations intended to verify the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) treaty.
FC Papirnyk Malyn is a Ukrainian football team based in Malyn.
People from Malyn
- Batya Lishansky, sculptor
- Raisa Nedashkovskaya, theater and cinema actress
- David Nowakowsky, composer
- "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- Malyn site (unofficial) (Ukrainian)
- Malyn region site (official) (Ukrainian)
- City portal (unofficial) (Ukrainian)
- Malyn website (unofficial) (Ukrainian)
- Find out Malyn @ Ukrainian Travel
- Nuclear Threat Initiative
|This article about a location in Zhytomyr Oblast is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|