|• Total||60.92 km2 (23.52 sq mi)|
|• Density||444.5/km2 (1,151/sq mi)|
|Website||Malyn governmental site|
Malyn (Ukrainian: Ма́лин, romanized: Mályn) (sometimes spelled Malin) is a city in Zhytomyr Oblast (province) of Ukraine located about 100 kilometres (62 mi) northwest of Kiev. It serves as the administrative center of Malyn Raion, though administratively it does not belong to the raion and is incorporated separately as a city of oblast significance.
The town hosts a seismic monitoring station (designated PS-45) belonging to an international network of nuclear test monitoring stations intended to verify the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) treaty.
FC Papirnyk Malyn is a Ukrainian football team based in Malyn.
People from Malyn
- Batya Lishansky, sculptor
- Raisa Nedashkovskaya, theater and cinema actress
- David Nowakowsky, composer
- Чисельність населення (за оцінкою) на 1 лютого 2018 року // Головне управління статистики у Житомирській області
- Malyn site (unofficial) (in Ukrainian)
- Malyn region site (official) (in Ukrainian)
- City portal (unofficial) (in Ukrainian)
- Malyn website (unofficial) (in Ukrainian)
- Find out Malyn @ Ukrainian Travel
- Nuclear Threat Initiative
|This article about a location in Zhytomyr Oblast is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|