Mama He's Crazy
|"Mama He's Crazy"|
|Single by The Judds|
|from the album Wynonna & Naomi|
|The Judds singles chronology|
"Mama He's Crazy" is a song written by Kenny O'Dell, and originally recorded by American country music duo The Judds. It was released in April 1984 as the second single from their debut January 1984 extended play, Wynonna & Naomi. The song was re-released on their full-length 1984 debut album, Why Not Me. The song was their second hit and the first of fourteen number ones. The single went to number one for one week and spent a total of fourteen weeks on the country chart. It was only the second country number one sung by a female duo ever; previously only The Davis Sisters featuring Skeeter Davis had made it to number one on the country chart in 1953 with their song "I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know"..
- In 1984, Pinkard & Bowden released a parody of the song titled "Mama She's Lazy". This parody went to number 39 on the country music charts.
- In 2007, Jill Johnson covered the song on the Music Row album.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canadian RPM Country Tracks||1|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 184.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 101.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 326. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "Music Row" (in Swedish). Svensk dediedatabas. 2007. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "The Judds Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.