Mama Mirabelle's Home Movies
|Mama Mirabelle's Home Movies|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom
|No. of episodes||26|
|Running time||11 (USA);
10 minutes (Canada)
|Production company(s)||King Rollo Films|
|Picture format||720x576 16:9|
|Original release||September 8, 2007– August 31, 2008|
Mama Mirabelle's Home Movies is an animated television series. Set in the African savanna, it focuses on an enthusiastic elephant named Mama Mirabelle, who travels around the world to film real wildlife footage and project them onto a screen of fireflies in front of almost the entire animal kingdom. The "Home Movies" are used for educational purposes not only for the principal young characters, but for the target audience at home. It is animated using the same computer software as Peppa Pig. The live action footage comes from the BBC Natural History Unit archives, as well as the National Geographic Society, and is also shown in the United States on PBS. In the American version all of the animals except Karla have American voices. Vanessa Williams is the voice of Mama Mirabelle in the US, and Floella Benjamin is the voice for Mama Mirabelle in the UK. The series is produced by UK animation company King Rollo Films, whose other shows include Paz, Maisy, and Mr. Benn. Mama Mirabelle's Home Movies season 1 runs as 52 11-minute shows on CBeebies, but the show is running on PBS Kids as of 2008[update] in a thirty-minute slot by combining two ten-minute shows with extra songs, features, and games. Music for this show is written by Lester Barnes, the composer for Horrid Henry, Me Too!, Paz, and Urmel.) The series was created by Douglas Wood, who is also the author of the companion children's picture book, When Mama Mirabelle Comes Home, published by National Geographic Channel Book.
- Mama Mirabelle the elephant; she wears a beautiful hat in orange and blue. Voiced by Floella Benjamin.
- Max the elephant, voiced by Phillipa Alexander. Max is Mama Mirabelle's son.
- Karla the zebra, voiced by Teresa Gallagher.
- Bo the cheetah, voiced by Jules de Jongh.
- Merlin, a young bat.
- Elephant Walk / Sounds Of The Savanna
- A Little Help From My Friends / Baby Of A Different Stripe
- Hide-And-Seek / Tell Me About It
- To Sleep With Wombats / All Creatures Great And Small
- Anybody Home? / Healthy Habits
- Play's The Thing / Sam Spades Of The Savannah
- Gourmet Grazing / Kings And Queens Of The Savannah
- I Spy / Eyes, Ears, Noses, Trunks
- The Boy Can Blow / I Don't Like Spiders And Snakes
- What's In A Tail? / Foot Prints In The Sand
- Here Today, Gone Tomorrow / Nobody's Perfect
- Things That Go Yip, Howl, And Screech In The Night / Cracking The Code
- A Savannah Kwanzaa / You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby
- Change Is Gonna Come / Trumpet While You Work
- Spot The Difference / Hot And Cold Running Critters
- Why Zebras Can't Fly / Super Duper Savannah Animals
- Come Out Of Your Shell / Travels With Mama
- Tails Of The Galapagos / Happy Habitats
- Savanna Lullaby / It Gives You Paws
- Out Of Reach / Family Style
- Curtain Up! / Listen Up!
- Rainy Day Blues / Take Me To The Water
- Find Your Way Home / The Nose Knows
- Jumbled Jungle / Alone Together
- Muddy Wonderland / Do You See What I See?
- Have You Heard? / This Is Mama's World