Mamadou Ismaïla Konate
|Mamadou Ismaïla Konate|
Mamadou Ismaïla Konaté en octobre 2017
Mamadou Ismaïla Konate (born 31 August 1963) is a Malian lawyer. He started his career at PricewaterhouseCoopers before creating his own firm in Bamako, Jurifis Consult, in 1998. On the 7th of July 2016 he was appointed Malian Secretary of State for Justice and took leave from the Paris and Bamako Bars and from his firm. He left office on 27 November 2017.
Born in Kayes, Mali, from a teacher mother and a high-ranking official father, Mamadou I. Konate is the firstborn of a 5 children family. He studied in Mali until he graduated from high school. He then pursued his law studies at the University of Bordeaux, in France.
As a lawyer
He won, in 1997, the eloquence contest of the Secretaries of the "Conférence du stage" of the Paris Bar, under the presidency of Dean Georges Vedel. He co-founded the same year the law firm Jurifis Consult.
As a member of both Bamako and Paris Bars, Mamadou I. Konaté has worked in Africa and in Europe.
Secretary of State
The 7 July 2016, he is appointed Secretary of State for Justice and Human Rights ("Garde des Sceaux"), by the government of Modibo Keita. He is renewed 11 April 2017, as Secretary of State for Justice by Prime Minister Abdoulaye Idrissa Maïga
At the head of his Ministry, he initiated different projects in order to transform the Malian juridical system. He intended to simplify legal proceeding and to make it more accessible for litigants. He also intervened in topics of administrative corruption by setting up the Central Office for the Fight Against Illegal Enrichment that compelled public servants to disclose their assets. Regarding transitional justice, he took action in the Malian regions affected by the consequences of the 2012 crisis.
At an international level, he intervened in the cooperation between Sahelian States on matters of transnational criminality and terrorism, which resulted in the Mutual Legal Assistance and Extradition Convention, signed in May 2017, between Mali, Niger and Chad.
- "Accueil". laconference.net.
- Ohada.com. "OHADA.com • Doctrine". www.ohada.com.
- "Bureau - ASSOCIATION POUR LA PROMOTION DE L'ARBITRAGE EN AFRIQUE". apam-afrique.org.
- maliweb.net (7 July 2016). "maliweb.net - URGENT - Remaniement ministériel : la liste du nouveau Gouvernement".
- "Mali : DECRET N° 0320 PRM DU 11 AVRIL 2017 LISTE DU GOUVERNEMENT DU PREMIER MINISTRE ABDOULAYE IDRISSA MAIGA". 11 April 2017.
- "Mali : réforme de la justice: les grands chantiers du ministre Konaté". 5 May 2017.
- "Création de l'Office Central de Lutte Contre l'Enrichissement Illicite : Quelles conséquences et quelle utilité ? - Bamada.net". bamada.net.
- "Mali : Visite du ministre Mamadou Ismaïla Konaté dans les régions de Mopti et Gao : La bonne distribution de la justice dans les zones post conflits fait son chemin". 3 August 2017.
- jours, Niamey et les 2. "Une convention judiciaire annule les frontières entre le Niger, le Tchad et le Mali dans la lutte contre le terrorisme - Niamey et les 2 jours".
- "AEA - EAL European Association of Lawyers - Association Europeenne des Avocats / The European Association of Lawyers". www.aea-eal.eu.