|Full name||Mamadou Koné|
|Date of birth||25 December 1991|
|Place of birth||Bingerville, Ivory Coast|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2015–2016||→ Oviedo (loan)||34||(5)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 January 2017.
Born in Bingerville, Koné was a youth product of local ES Bingerville. He moved to Racing de Santander in 2010 at the age of 18, for just €240,000, being initially assigned to the reserves in Tercera División. He made his first-team – and La Liga – debut on 15 October 2011, starting in a 0–3 away loss against FC Barcelona.
Koné was definitely promoted to the Cantabrians' main squad for the 2012–13 season. He scored five goals in 36 Segunda División appearances, and the club suffered a second consecutive relegation; his first came on 22 September 2012, the only at CD Mirandés.
Koné netted 18 times in the 2013–14 campaign, helping to a return to the second level at the first attempt. On 17 February 2015, as he again was team top scorer, he suffered a serious knee injury, being sidelined for six months.
On 18 August 2015, Koné moved to fellow league side Real Oviedo in a one-year loan deal, with an option to make the move permanent at the end of the season. On 25 August of the following year, he signed a permanent five-year contract with CD Leganés from the top tier.
- Koné, el delantero inesperado (Koné, the unexpected forward); El Diario Montañés, 16 October 2011 (Spanish)
- Messi brace sets up victory; ESPN Soccernet, 15 October 2011
- Koné y los '300' de Anduva (Koné and Anduva's '300'); El Diario Montañés, 23 September 2012 (Spanish)
- Koné se pierde lo que queda de temporada (Koné misses the remainder of the season); Marca, 17 February 2015 (Spanish)
- Koné, nuevo jugador del Real Oviedo (Koné, new player of Real Oviedo); Real Oviedo, 18 August 2015 (Spanish)
- Mamadou Koné, velocidad y pegada para la delantera del Leganés (Mamadou Koné, speed and strike to the attack of Leganés); CD Leganés, 25 August 2016 (Spanish)