The Mamanuca Islands (Fijian: [mamaˈnuða]) of Fiji are a volcanic archipelago lying to the west of Nadi and to the south of the Yasawa Islands. The group, a popular tourist destination, consists of about 20 islands, but about seven of these are covered by the Pacific Ocean at high tide.
The islands offer crystal clear waters, palm fringed sandy beaches and live coral reefs. There are islands, villages, resorts to visit, snorkel and swim.
The coastal/marine ecosystem and recreation value of the archipelago contribute to its national significance as outlined in Fiji's Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan.
Islands in the Mamanuca chain, not all of which are inhabited, include:
Port Denarau is the gateway to the Mamanuca and Yasawa islands. One may take day trips from Denarau to the Mamanuca Islands or find a resort to stay overnight.
Activities in the Mamanucas include sailing, swimming, snorkelling, kayaking, semi-submersible coral viewing, diving, swimming with reef sharks, windsurfing, hiking, visiting villages, mini golf and discovering secluded beaches.
The American edition of Survivor used the islands as the location for the filming of its 33rd season (Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X), as well as its 34th season, (Survivor: Game Changers), over a course of 4 months between March and July 2016. The show then returned the following year during the same time period to film the 35th season of the show (Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers),the 36th season (Survivor: Ghost Island), and the 37th season (Survivor: David vs. Goliath).
Before the airing of the 35th season, host Jeff Probst said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that the Mamanuca Islands is the optimal location for the show and he would like to stay there permanently. 
- Ganilau, Bernadette Rounds (2007). Fiji Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (PDF). Convention on Biological Diversity. pp. 107–112. Retrieved 28 May 2017.
- Fiji. Korina Miller, Robyn Jones, Leonardo Pinheiro. Lonely Planet. 2003. p. 54. ISBN 1-74059-134-8.
- Fiji Tourism Statuory Body
- A Fiji Vacations Company
- Trip Advisor Website
- "Survivor Season 33 and 34 Return To Fiji | Inside Survivor". 2016-01-25. Retrieved 2016-09-29.
- http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/12/survivor-jeff-probst-fiji//. Missing or empty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mamanuca Islands.|
- Mamanuca Islands travel guide from Wikivoyage
|This article about a geographical location in Fiji is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|