St. Catherine of Alexandria Catholic Church in Mambusao.
Map of with Mambusao highlighted
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|Legislative district||2nd district of|
|• Mayor||Leodegario A. Labao Jr.|
|• Total||136.91 km2 (52.86 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||290/km2 (750/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)36|
Its economy is based on agriculture with rice and coconut as the primary products and crops. The annual festival of Mambusao is called "Inilusan" honoring of St. Catherine of Alexandria, the patron saint of the town, celebrated every November 25. Inilusan literally means sharing of dish by neighbors.
Mambusao is the home of the Villareal family, the most famous of whom is Speaker Cornelio "Agurang Coni" Villareal and Governor Cornelio "Dodoy" Villareal. It is also the birthplace of a true Public Servant, Statesman, Ambassador, Congressman, OFW Champion & Hero Roy Villareal Señeres.
- Bato Bato
- Pangpang Norte
- Pangpang Sur
- Poblacion Proper
- Poblacion Tabuc
|Population census of Mambusao|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Mambusao was 39,644 people, with a density of 290 inhabitants per square kilometre or 750 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- "Province: Capiz". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Census of Population and Housing (2010): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Province of". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
|This article about a location in Western Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|