Mami (given name)
(Redirected from Mami (Japanese name))
|Meaning||It can have many different meanings depending on the kanji used.|
|Region of origin||Japan|
Mami (まみ, マミ) is a feminine Japanese given name.
Mami can be written using different kanji characters and can mean:
- 真美, "true, beauty"
- 真実, "truth"
- 茉美, "jasmine, beauty"
- 麻実, "hemp, truth"
- 麻美, "hemp, beauty"
- 茉海, "jasmine, sea"
- 舞美, "dance, beauty"
- 待実, "wait, truth"
- 待満, "wait, satisfy"
- 増実, "increase, truth"
- 麻弥, "hemp, complete"
- Mami Ayukawa (鮎川 麻弥; born 1961), Japanese singer
- Mami Deguchi (出口 茉美; born 1985), Japanese voice actress
- Mami Higashiyama (東山 麻美; born 1977), Japanese actress and singer
- Mami Horikoshi (堀越 真己; born 1960), Japanese voice actress
- Mami Ishino (石野 真美; born 1983), Japanese hurdler
- Mami Kataoka, Japanese art curator and writer
- Mami Kawada (川田 まみ), J-pop singer from Sapporo, Japan
- Mami Kingetsu (金月 真美; born 1965), Japanese voice actress
- Mami Kosuge (小菅 真美; born 1974), Japanese voice actress
- Mami Koyama (小山 茉美; born 1955), Japanese voice actress
- Mami Kudo (born 1964), Japanese ultramarathon runner
- Mami Kumagai (熊谷 真実; born 1960), Japanese actress
- Mami Matsui (松井 摩味), Japanese voice actress
- Mami Matsuyama (松山 まみ; born 1988), Japanese idol and cosplayer
- Mami Naito (内藤 真実; born 1986), Japanese badminton player
- Mami Nakamura (中村 麻美; born 1979), Japanese actress
- Mami Nomura (野村 真美; born 1964), Japanese actress
- Mami Sasazaki (笹崎まみ), Japanese lead guitarist of SCANDAL
- Mami Sato, Japanese bassist of the American rock band, The Warlocks
- Mami Shimamoto (嶋本 麻美; born 1987), Japanese weightlifter
- Mami Shindo-Honma (進藤-本間 真美, born 1975), Japanese biathlete
- Mami Yamaguchi (山口 麻美; born 1986), Japanese soccer player
- Mami Yamasaki (山崎 真実; born 1985), Japanese gravure idol
- Mami Yoshida (吉田 真未; born 1986), Japanese volleyball player
- Mami Inagaki, a character from Strike Witches
- Mami Kuroi, a character in the manga and anime series Hell Teacher Nūbē
- Mami Teramoto, a character from the English-language webcomic series Megatokyo
- Mami Tomoe (巴 マミ), a character from Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Mami Honda (本多マミ), a character from the manga Gals! and its anime adaption, Super GALS! Kotobuki Ran
- Esper Mami, a manga created by Fujiko F. Fujio in 1977
- Creamy Mami, the Magic Angel, a magical girl anime series
- Mami Wata, type of African spirit
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|