Mamma Knows Best
|"Mamma Knows Best"|
|Song by Jessie J from the album Who You Are|
|Who You Are track listing|
"Mamma Knows Best" is a song by British singer-songwriter Jessie J, from her debut studio album Who You Are. Written by Jessica Cornish, Ashton Thomas and produced by same. The song peaked at number 59 in UK Singles Chart.
Background and composition
The song was written by Jessie J, Ashton Thomas and produced by same. This big-band work out was one of the first songs written by Jessie J and the first one that brought her to people's attention.
"Mamma Knows Best" received generally positive reviews from critics. Mike Diver from BBC, said: "Mamma Knows Best" brings a big-band-trapped-in-a-synthesizer sound to the fore, more Pixie Lott than Ain't No Other Man-period Christina Aguilera. It had a remarkable attention by many people because of "the crazy high vocal range" she demonstrates not only in the recorded track of her album, but also during live performances, that is why it has been acclaimed by many critics.
Jessie J performed the song on Britain's Got Talent in 2011. Jessie J performed "Mamma Knows Best" live from Don Hill's in NYC as part of VEVO's LIFT showcase. On 13 March 2011 she performed the song on Saturday Night Live. On 3 June 2011 hit the stage on Britain's Got Talent. On 12 April, Jessie J performed the song at BET's.[dubious ], and on 13/03/2011 she performed it at MTV Push. A homemade video posted by Jessie on your account on YouTube helped promote it.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015)|
- British contestant J Marie Cooper as part of a set for series 1 of the UK The Voice on 24 January 2012, at first Blind Audition.
- Colombian contestant Andrea Florez as part of a set for La Voz Colombiaon 9 November 2012, at live shows
- Romanian contestan Laurian Manta on the second season of Vocea României.
- American contestant Angela Miller as her audition for American Idol on 17 January 2013, and also first part of her set on the Idol tour.
- Elhaida Dani as part of a set for The Voice of Italy, at her Blind Audition.
- American contestant Sarah Simmons as part of a set for season 4 of U.S. The Voice, on 20 May 2013, at Live Shows
- Georgian contestant Mariko Lejhava covered "Mamma Knows Best" as part of a set for 'Georgian Idol' on live show.
- Dutch contestant Sarah van der Meer as part of a set for 'The Voice of Holland' on 6 September 2013, at first Blind Audition.
- English contestant Lydia Lucy as part of her audition for series 10 of The X Factor on 14 September 2013.
- Amber Nicole, contestant in season 5 of the American The Voice and part of Team Christina Aguilera performed a cover during the show's Knockout Rounds which earned her a steal spot for Team Cee Lo Green
- American contestant Ellona Santiago on The X Factor USA
- Indonesian contestant Dewi Puspita on her audition in Indonesian Idol
- Elly Oh as part of her Blind Audition for 'series 3 of Australian The Voice.
- Sarina-Joi Crowe performed the song during the Top 12 Girls episode of the fourteenth season of American Idol.
- The song was Patrick Donoghue's winning song in 2015 in series 4 of The Voice of Ireland and his debut single
Credits and personnel
Credits adapted from the album's liner notes.
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||59|
- Cornish, Jessica (2011). Who You Are (CD liner notes). Jessie J. Lava Records. p. 4.
- "Mamma Knows Best". Official Charts Company. 4 July 2012.
- "Mamma Knows Best". songfacts. 28 April 2011. Retrieved 3 May 2011.
- "Mamma Knows Best". Rovi Corporation. Allmusic. 26 November 2011.
- "BBC Review". BBC. 2011-02-24.
- on YouTube
- on YouTube
- "Mama Knows Best (Live @ Britain's Got Talent)". rutube.
- on YouTube
- "PUSH – Jessie J – Mamma Knows Best". MTV. 2011-03-13.
- on YouTube
- "Archive Chart: 2012-04-07" UK Singles Chart.