Mammal Species of the World
Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference is a standard reference work in zoology giving descriptions and bibliographic data for the known species of mammals. It is now in its third edition that was edited by Don E. Wilson and DeeAnn M. Reeder. An updated Third Edition of Mammal Species of the World was published late in 2005.
An online version is hosted by Bucknell University, from which the names of the species can be downloaded as a custom dictionary. A partial online version is available at Google Books (see "External links" below).
The Checklist Committee is charged with compiling and updating MSW. In its Annual Report for 2015, the Committee noted that it is under contract with Johns Hopkins Press for the 4th edition of MSW, which will be edited by DeeAnn M. Reeder and Kristofer M. Helgen. The database has been made editable for the authors, leading to more frequent website updates. The publication is due in 2017.
- "Mammal species of the world: a taxonomic and geographic reference". Google Scholar. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- Wilson, Don E.; Reeder, DeeAnn M. (editors) (2005). Mammal Species of the World — A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference (Print) (Third ed.). Baltimore, Maryland: Johns Hopkins University Press/Bucknell University. pp. 2,142. ISBN 978-0-8018-8221-0. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
- Checklist Committee 2015
- Site hosted by Bucknell University
- search hosted by Bucknell University
- Mammal Species of the World at Google Books
|This article about a book on zoology or animals is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|