Jump to navigation Jump to search
Before and after mammaplasty
Mammaplasty (also called mammoplasty or mastoplasty) refers to a group of surgical procedures, the goal of which is to reshape or otherwise modify the appearance of the breast. There are two main types of mammoplasty:
- Augmentation mammoplasty is commonly performed to increase the size, change the shape, and/or alter the texture of the breasts. This usually involves the surgical implantation of breast implant devices.
- Reduction mammoplasty is commonly performed to reduce the size, change the shape, and/or alter the texture of the breasts. This involves the removal of breast tissue.
- "mammoplasty". The Free Dictionary. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- Horndeski, Gary. "mammaplasty (mammoplasty) surgical procedures". Horndeski Method. Archived from the original on 10 February 2015. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Breast Procedures". Wake Forest School of Medicine. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
|This women's health related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This surgery article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|