Official Japanese cover art
|Publisher(s)||G.rev (Xbox 360)
Cyber Front (PlayStation 3)
UFO Interactive Games (PlayStation 3)
|Genre(s)||Vertical scrolling shooter|
|Arcade system||Sega NAOMI|
Mamorukun Curse! (まもるクンは呪われてしまった! Mamoru Has Been Cursed!?) is a shoot 'em up arcade game developed by G.rev and Gulti. The game was released for arcade in Japan on July 30, 2008. Mamorukun Curse! was later ported and released for the Xbox 360 in Japan on June 25, 2009. An enhanced port of game was released exclusively for the PlayStation 3 in Japan on March 31, 2011, offering full high-definition widescreen support with two Xbox 360 DLC characters included for free, and a new "Meikai Katsugeki" mode. UFO Interactive Games localized and released the PS3 version as a digital download on July 16, 2013. Sony made this version available to play on additional platforms through its PlayStation Now streaming service on March 17, 2015.
The game puts the player in control of Mamoru in an overhead shooter. Different from most shooters, the scrolling is not forced. The player is able to move about as they please, although most movements end up being up and down.
The "curse" part of the title comes from a special "curse bomb" attack which uses a separate button from the standard shot. These bombs can be used both to destroy the enemies' bullets, and to "curse" them, making them more powerful but opening up chances for a higher score.
- G.rev. "まもるクンは呪われてしまった！". G.rev. Retrieved August 30, 2009.
- Anoop Gantayat (December 3, 2010). "PS3 Mamoru-kun Date Set". Andriasang. Retrieved December 18, 2010.
- Anoop Gantayat (November 1, 2010). "Mamorukun Shoot-em-up Coming to PlayStation 3". Andriasang. Retrieved March 5, 2011.
- Chen, Grace. "PlayStation Store Update". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- Anoop Gantayat (March 6, 2009). "G.rev brings Mamoru-kun shooter to the Xbox 360". Andriasang. Retrieved March 5, 2011.
|This scrolling shooter article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|