Sharma at Will To Live Music launch
|Birth name||Mamta Sharma|
|Born||7 September 1980|
|Origin||Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh,|
|Years active||2000 – present|
Mamta Sharma is an Indian playback singer. She is known for the song Munni Badnaam Hui from Dabangg. The song was a chartbuster and fetched her several awards and nominations, including a Filmfare award for Best Playback Singer (Female).
Sharma was born in Birla Nagar, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh. She completed her studies from Saint Paul's School Morar Gwalior. In school, she actively performed on stage. Later she also performed at various family events (marriage receptions, parties) with her band.
Before singing for Bollywood,Bengali, she lent her voice to many Bhojpuri albums She was spotted by music director Lalit Pandit who got her first break in super hit movie, Dabangg, with the item song, Munni Badnaam Hui. She started singing in other Indian languages as well. She also has sung the super hit song Kevvu Keka in the Telugu remake of Dabangg, Gabbar Singh. She also made special appearance in Dabangg 2.
Awards, nominations and recognitions
- 18th Journalist National Award, 2010 – Best Debut Singer
- 17th Annual Star Screen Awards, 2011 – Karbonn Mobiles Best New Talent in Music Best Playback Singer (Female)
- 6th Apsara Film Producers Guild Awards, 2011 – Best Playback Singer (Female)
- 56th Filmfare Awards, 2011 – Best Playback Singer (Female)
- 12th IIFA Awards, Toronto, 2011 – Best Playback singer (Female)
- Mirchi Music Awards, 2010 – Upcoming singer (Female)
- Mirchi Music Awards, 2010 – Best Playback singer (Female)
- The Global Indian Film & TV Honours, 2011 – Best playback singer (Female)
- 19th Prayag Kalakaar Awards, 2011 – Debut Singer (Female)
- Apsara Film & producers Guild Awards 2013– for most popular film song on Radio by 93.5 Red FM For "FEVICOL SE" from the Film "Dabangg 2".
- Lions Gold Awards 2013 – Lions Favourite Playback Singer: Female – (Fevicol Se – Dabangg 2)
- 1st BIG STAR Entertainment Awards, 2010 – Best Playback Singer (Female)
- Zee Cine Awards, 2011 – Best Playback Singer (Female)
- Stardust Awards, 2011 – New Music Sensation (Female)
- 2nd South Indian International Movie Awards, 2013 – Best Female Playback Singer for "Kevvu Keka" from Gabbar Singh
- "Singer Mamta Sharma got first hit song in her first film Dabbang". Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "Mamta Sharma's Profile". Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "Munni Badnaam hui a big hit". Retrieved 30 January 2011.
- "Mamta Sharma Songs". Retrieved 6 Aug. 2015.
- "18th JNA Award" Archived 13 September 2010 at Archive.is. Retrieved 30 January 2011.
- "Karbonn Mobiles Best New Talent in Music". Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "And the Award Goes to...: Best Playback Singer (Female)". Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "Apsara Awards 2011" Archived 22 January 2011 at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "IIFA awards 2011 winners: 'Dabangg' bags six awards".[dead link]
- "BIG STAR Entertainment Awards 2010". Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "Zee Cine Awards 2011" Archived 16 January 2011 at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mamta Sharma.|