The Mamund (or Mamond) (Urdu: مَاموند | Pashto: ماموند) are a Pashtun clan who are part of the larger Tarkani tribe. The clan is located principally in the Watelai valley (also known as Mamund Valley), but also owns villages on both sides of the Durand Line. Majority of the Mamund Pashtuns live in Bajaur Agency, one of the seven tribal regions of Khyber Pukhtunkhwa, Pakistan, and in Marawara, Asadabad, Shigal, Watapur and Ghazi Abad Districts of Kunar Province in Afghanistan.
- %22Tareekh-e-Kakazai%22 (a.k.a."Hidayat Afghani-Tareekh-e-Kakazai Tarkani" - (Originally Published May, 1933 in Urdu)
- "A Dictionary of the Pathan Tribes of the North West Frontier of India"published by The General Staff Army Headquarter, Calcutta, India - (Originally Published 1910) :: Kakazai / Kakayzai Pathan Tribe is mentioned on Page 22 (under ‘K’ -Kakazai), Page 12 (under ‘D’ - Daulat Khel - A sub-division of Kakazai Pathans), Page 26 (under 'K' - Khulozai - A sub-division of Kakazai Pathans), Page 29 (under ‘M’ -Maghdud Khel,Mahsud Kheland Mahmud Khel - sub-divisions of Kakazai Pathans), Page 47 (under 'U' - Umar Khel - A sub-division of Kakazai Pathans) and Page 50 (under 'Y' - Yusaf Khel - A sub-division of Kakazai Pathans)
- "Frontier and Overseas Expeditions from India" Volume One published by Government Mono Type Press, Simla, India - (Originally Published 1907) :: Kakazai / Kakayzai Pathan Tribe is mentioned between Page 515- 555-You can read these volumes online, thanks to Internet Archives though their market value is around $11000 ::
- Family Tree of Qais Abdul Rashid :: Spelled as Kaka Zai under the offsprings ofKharashboon (Khair ud Din) ::
- Tarkanri (Tarkalani or Tarkani) Tribe of Bajaur Agency and Dir - By "FATA Awareness Initiative"
- پښتانه قبيلی وپېژنئ - ډاکټر لطيف ياد - خېبر وېب پاڼه - pp 86-89 & 261-262 & 310-312 (in Pashto)