Mamunur Rashid at Rajshahi College (Feb, 2017)
|Native name||মামুনুর রশীদ|
February 29, 1948 |
Paikora village, Kalihati Upazila, Tangail District, East Bengal, Dominion of Pakistan (now Bangladesh)
|Awards||Ekushey Padak (2012)|
Early life and career
Rashid was born on 29 February 1948 in the village Paikora under Kalihati Upazila in Tangail District. He started his schooling at Kalihati R S Pilot High School, Tangail. After passing Secondary School Certificate (SSC) he moved Dhaka. He joined Dhaka Polytechnic Institute and received a Diploma in Electrical Engineering degree. Later he admitted Govt. Titumir College,Dhaka and received Bachelor of Arts degree under University of Dhaka. He completed his MA in Political Science from University of Dhaka. He is the chief secretary of leading theater group Aranyak. One of the most notable production of his group is Rarang which deals with the life of Santal. its another production is Ebong Biddyasagar.
- Shah Alam Shazu (February 29, 2016). "Mamunur Rashid celebrates his 17th birthday today!". The Daily Star. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- "Mamunur Rashid @DS Café". The Daily Star. December 16, 2010. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- "15 personalities receive Ekushey Padak". bdnews24.com. February 20, 2012. Retrieved February 20, 2012.
- "Bangla Theatre celebrates Che's 83rd birth anniversary". The Daily Star. June 15, 2011. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- "Curtain Raisers". The Independent. Dhaka. July 25, 2011. Archived from the original on September 11, 2012. Retrieved December 17, 2011.