Man with the Hat
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Man With the Hat|
|Studio album by Grace Kelly and Phil Woods|
|Released||January 25, 2011|
The title of the album refers to when Woods invited Kelly, when she was 14 years old, on stage during one of his performances and presented her with his iconic leather cap as a gift after her solo on "I'll Remember April".
Kelly, in tribute, wrote the title track, "Man with the Hat", in honor of Woods.
- "Man with the Hat" (8:45)
- "Love Song" (5:19)
- "People Time" (6:33)
- "Ballad for Very Sad and Very Tired Lotus Eaters" (7:00)
- "Gone" (5:04)
- "Everytime We Say Goodbye" (4:12)
- "The Way You Look Tonight" (6:22)
- Grace Kelly: Alto saxophone, vocals
- Phil Woods: Alto saxophone
- Monty Alexander: Piano, Rhodes, Melodica
- Evan Gregor: Bass
- Bill Goodwin: Drums
- Jordan Perlson: Percussion (5)
- McClenaghan, Glenn. "Grace Kelly: Every Road I Walked". allaboutjazz.com.
- The Other Chad. "Music Review: Grace Kelly and Phil Woods - Man With the Hat". blogcritics.org.
|This 2010s jazz album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|