Type of site
|Alexa rank||2,874 (April 2014[update])|
ManageFlitter is a web-based application that assists Twitter users gain insight into their Twitter account. ManageFlitter provides a set of tools that allows Twitter users to effectively curate, prune and grow their Twitter account. In addition, ManageFlitter provides an easy way for users to integrate their Google+ account with their Twitter account.
ManageFlitter was developed by Sydney-based digital agency Melon Media as an internal side project for Melon Media's Founder Kevin Garber when he wanted a tool to help him identify who wasn't following him back on his Twitter account. ManageFlitter was subsequently spun out of Melon Media and ManageFlitter is now a separate company. A free version of ManageFlitter was launched in February 2010 and a commercial "Pro" version of ManageFlitter was launched in February 2011. October 2011 saw the release of a "Business" version of ManageFlitter that included multi-account management and other enhanced features.
Originally the service was called "ManageTwitter". The name was subsequently changed to "ManageFlitter" to avoid infringing on the Twitter trademark.
During April 2010, there was some controversy when Twitter alleged ManageFlitter was violating Twitter's API Terms of Service. ManageFlitter and Twitter managed to reach a compromise and ManageFlitter has been able to operate continuously since then.
ManageFlitter allows Twitter users to identify who don't follow them or lack other desirable traits and subsequently unfollow them. ManageFlitter users can analyse their Twitter account data in a variety of ways with ManageFlitter. ManageFlitter also assists Twitter users in scheduling Tweets for specified times and assists a team in managing a Twitter account's @ replies in an effective manner. As of September 2014 over 2.5 million Twitter users had used ManageFlitter.
ManageFlitter's headquarters are in Sydney Australia. ManageFlitter's chief executive officer and Co-founder is Kevin Garber and its chief technology officer and Co-founder is James Peter. ManageFlitter's business model is a freemium model which allows users to use the service for free but provides them with the option of upgrading to gain access to premium features.
As of September 2014, ManageFlitter has received no external funding.
- "Manageflitter.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- ManageFlitter Automatically Sends Public Google+ Posts to Twitter
- Do You Follow Too Many People On Twitter? Use ManageTwitter. | TechCrunch
- 6 Million Unfollows Later, Twitter Moves To Silence ManageTwitter | TechCrunch
- Anthill’s SMART 100: Winners Revealed (2011) - Anthill Magazine
- Anthill’s SMART 100 Reader's Choice Revealed (2011) - Anthill Magazine
- Announcing Shorty Vox Populi and Finalists!
- Export Awards Finalists highlight the resourcefulness of the NSW export community
- 2014 Premier’s NSW Export Awards