|Produced by||Rajam Balachander|
|Starring||S. Ve. Shekhar|
|Music by||M. S. Viswanathan|
|May 7th 1982|
Kittumani lays down eight conditions which the girl he marries should fulfill. His uncle Naradar Naidu is fed up with seeking a girl for him. The eight conditions are as follows-
- As Kittumani is a B.sc, she should have started studying, but should have left off in between.
- (condition # 1(a)) She should know Hindi as his company has branches in Hindi-speaking cities.
- She should look pretty only to Kittumani, but not to anyone else.
- She should be bold to withstand thieves, kidnappers, etc.
- She should never weep for any reason.
- She should cook both veg and Non-veg as he is a vegetarian and his best friend is a non-vegetarian.
- As he can play Mridangam, she should know how to dance to it.
- Their secrets should be known to each other, but not to anyone else.
- After Kittumani's death, she should remarry and live happily.
At last, Naradar Naidu finds a girl who is very nice, but unfortunately doesn't fulfill any condition. After some zig-zag work, he arranges their marriage. After 4 days, Kittumani finds that not a single condition is fulfilled. He plans to send her out of his house, but Naidu, who pretends to support Kittumani, stops him. Later they realize that she is pregnant with Kittumani's child. After his sister is thrown out of her husband's house as per Naidu's instructions and his wife is learning and speaking Hindi, Kittumani agrees to let her stay with him. He also has his own selfish reasons as he experiences a lot of trouble cooking. At last they all convince, but Naidu is thrown out of the house as he is said to be the only reason behind the confusion. Naidu reveals that he did this as he, like Kittumani, had placed conditions which should be fulfilled by his fiancée and just before the marriage, he came to know that some conditions weren't fulfilled. The girl commits suicide and from then, he pledges to save people's lives from these types of issues.
- S. Ve. Shekher as Kittumani
- Shanthi Krishna as Uma
- Visu as Naradhar Naidu
- Manorama as Durga, Kittumani's sister
- Kishmu as Kamalakannan, Kittumani's brother-in-law
- M. R. Rajamani as Manickam Pillai, Uma's father
- Kamala Kamesh as Uma's mother
- Kuriakose Ranga as Lakshmanaswamy and Ramaswamy
- Boopathy as Thangappan
|1||"Ettu Vidha Kattalaigal"||T. M. Soundararajan|
|2||"Mandhirap Punnagai"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, B. S. Sasireka|
|3||"Mappillai Sir"||Malaysia Vasudevan|
- Saravanan, T. (22 February 2017). "When quirk and mirth come to party". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "Manal Kayiru (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - EP by M. S. Vishwanathan". 1 January 1982.
- "Manal Kayiru Songs Download, Manal Kayiru Tamil MP3 Songs, Raaga.com Tamil Songs - Raaga.com - A World Of Music".
- "Three decades later, same cast!". 24 January 2016.