According to the 2011 census, the taluk of Manamelkudi had a population of 86,589 with 42,945 males and 43,644 females. There were 1016 women for every 1000 men. The taluk had a literacy rate of 74.79. Child population in the age group below 6 was 4,484 Males and 4,397 Females.
The town gets major rainfall during the North east monsoon period. The Annual normal rainfall varies from 300 mm to 800 mm.
Schools & Colleges
So many schools & colleges are located in this town. Half of the pupil get their education from Government and government aided schools. But still, some well developed and equipped private schools (both Matric & CBSE syllabus) are also providing quality education in and around the town. The town has so many engineering, arts & science, laws, hotel management colleges in its surrounding. It has a government polytechnic college, which is a top ranking one among Tamil Nadu's polytechnic colleges. Higher Secondary School = Manamelkudi, Kattumavadi Ammapattinam Vichur
Government hospital is located on the Sethu road (East Coast Road) and private hospitals are available. Singavanam has separate Govt. Hospitals. Sree Maadhavi hospital is located on the EC Road and managed by Dr.Elamaran .Sree Vijay Hospitals located on the Sethu road. It is the one of the ortho hospital in the area. Dr. Vijay MS Ortho, Dr. Muthu MS practice in the Hospital.
manamelkudi taluk is come to Aranthangi State Assembly constitutions Aranthangi MLAs from 1952
- 1952-1957 - M.Pandidurai (DMK)
- 1957-1962 - M.Kalander Maideen.B.E (DMK)
- 1962-1971 - DuraiArasan A (DMK)
- 1971-1974 - Ramanathan Udayar (DMK)
- 1977-1999 - Thirunavukarasar (AIADMK, MGR Kalagam)
- 1999-2001 - Anbarasu (MGR Kalagam)
- 2001-2006 - Arasan.P (MGR Kalagam)
- 2006-2011 - Udhayam Shanmugam (DMK)
- 2011-2016 - M.Rajanayagam (AIADMK)
- 2016-may onwards - Rathinasabhapathy E (AIADMK)
- "Provisional Population Totals - Tamil Nadu-Census 2011" (PDF). Census Tamil Nadu. Retrieved 4 July 2013.