|Manapparai / Manaparai
|• Type||First Grade Municipality|
|• Body||Manapparai Municipality|
|• Chairman||Tmt. Shantha|
|Area rank||A Grade|
|Elevation||172 m (564 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||TN 45 AZ ****|
Manapparai is a town and a municipality in Tiruchirappalli district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Manapparai is the headquarters of the Manapparai Taluk. Manapparai is famous for Murukku (snacks) and cattle market. As of 2011, the town had a population of 40,510.
According to the 2011 census, Manapparai had a population of 370,482 with a sex-ratio of 1,012 females for every 1,000 males, much above the national average of 929. A total of 4,090 people were under the age of six, constituting 2,096 males and 1,994 females. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes accounted for 11.97% and .18% of the population respectively. The average literacy of the town was 78.98%, compared to the national average of 72.99%. The town had a total of 9934 households. There were a total of 14,930 workers, comprising 455 cultivators, 749 main agricultural labourers, 582 in house hold industries, 11,518 other workers, 1,626 marginal workers, 29 marginal cultivators, 470 marginal agricultural labourers, 51 marginal workers in household industries and 1,076 other marginal workers. As per the religious census of 2011, Manapparai (M) had 65.67% Hindus, 11.3% Muslims, 22.95% Christians, 0.01% Sikhs, 0.01% Buddhists, 0.% Jains, 0.06% following other religions and 0.% following no religion or did not indicate any religious preference.
Manaparai is the headquarters of Manaparai Legislative Assembly Constituency, which is part of the Karur Loksabha Constituency. Mr.Chandrasekar R is the present Member of legislative assembly(MLA) representing Manaparai Constituency and Mr.Thambidurai M is the present Member of Parliament(MP) representing Karur constituency
Manapparai has three main roads, Tiruchi Road, Dindigul Road (NH45) and Thuvarankurichi Road (SH71), which leads to Madurai and the southern hinterland connecting major destinations of Tamil Nadu and Third road is Musiri to Pudukottai road.[clarification needed] About 300 pass through the municipal bus stand, which is a ‘C’–Class and constructed in 1981, provides frequent service to the cities are Trichy, Dindigul, Madurai, Palani, Cumbum, Kumuli and scheduled services were available to Salem, Chennai, Vellore and Erode. Manapparai railway station serves the town, as it connects to major cities of Tamil Nadu like Chennai, Madurai, Dindigul, Trichy, Tanjore, Tirunelveli Kanyakumari, as well as trains to Kanyakumari, Guruvayur also passing through this railway station.Railway Station Code for Manaparai is MPA.
- "Census Info 2011 Final population totals". Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Census Info 2011 Final population totals - Manapparai(05781)". Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Population By Religious Community - Tamil Nadu" (XLS). Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2011. Retrieved 13 September 2015.
- S. Annamalai (30 October 2013). "Flyover project hits a roadblock at Manapparai". The Hindu. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- G. Sathyamoorthi (3 February 2013). "In dire need of a new bus stand". The Hindu. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Manapparai.|