Manav India's first 3D printed humanoid robot
|Year of creation||2014|
|Purpose||Research, education and entertainment|
Manav (Sanskrit: मानव, pronounced 'Maanav'/ Mɑnʌv, meaning "human") is India's first 3D printed expandable platform humanoid robot which was developed in the laboratory of A-SET Training and Research Institutes by Diwakar Vaish (head Robotics and Research, A-SET Training and Research Institutes) in late December 2014, it was debuted for the first time in the IIT-Bombay Techfest 2014-15.
- Manav stands at 2 feet tall and has a weight of 2 kilograms, it is equipped with onboard sound processing and visual processing so it can respond to commands.
- Thanks to the onboard processor and various sensors, Manav can perform various activities like walking, dancing with the only requirement of human voice commands.
- Manav has the capability of Binocular vision processing giving it the ability to perceive depth and perspective.
- The Robot was designed in a span of 2 months.
- Manav has a total of 21 degrees of freedom, two of which provide the movement of the head allowing to nod and look around. 1 degree of freedom goes to the waist which allows it to articulate the waist movement allowing for a more human-like movement.
- The robot comes with a rechargeable Lithium polymer battery which can keep the robot running for one hour.
- The Robot can be purchased with multiple micro-controllers and battery sizes according to the requirements of the user.
- The robot is also equipped with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Manav's outer body is made by Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene plastic and designed in A-SET's own 3D printing laboratory.
- Menezes, Beryl. "Meet Manav, India's first 3D-printed humanoid robot". Retrieved 2015-10-07.
- EDWARDS, TE. "Soccer Playing, 3D Printed MANAV Robot Debuts at IIT Mumbai TechFest".
- Menezes, Beryl. "Meet Manav, India's first 3D-printed humanoid robot".
- "New Delhi Institutes Introduce Manav, India’s First 3D-Printed Plastic Robot | Inside 3D Printing". inside3dprinting.com. Archived from the original on 2015-09-27. Retrieved 2015-10-07.
- "India's First 3D Printed Humanoid Robot 'Manav' Launched at IIT Mumbai TechFest 2015". ibtimes.co.in. Retrieved 2015-10-07.
- "Manav- India's first 3D printed robot from IIT Mumbai". techentice.com. Retrieved 2015-10-07.