Manbazar (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Type||Reserved for ST|
|Lok Sabha constituency||35. Purulia|
|Electorate (year)||200,549 (2011)|
Manbazar (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is an assembly constituency in Purulia district in the Indian state of West Bengal. The seat is reserved for scheduled tribes from 2011. Earlier it was an open seat.
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 243 Manbazar (Vidhan Sabha constituency) (ST) is composed of the following: Manbazar I and Puncha community development blocks; Chatumadar, Daldali and Manguria Lalpur gram panchayats of Hura community development block.
|Trinamool Congress||Sandhyarani Tudu||78,520||47.02||+1.97#|
|Independent||Lakshi Kanta Soren||2,114|
|PDS||Kartik Singh Sardar||1,339|
|Trinamool Congress gain from CPI(M)||Swing||7.55#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||2||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||1||7|
Note: New constituency – 1, constituencies abolished – 3 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006 and 2001 state assembly elections, Shamya Pyari Mahato of CPI(M) won the Manbazar assembly seat defeating his nearest rivals Kamakshya Prasad Singh Deo of Trinamool Congress and Sitaram Mahato of Trinamool Congress respectively. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Kamalakanta Mahato of CPI(M) defeated Sitaram Mahato of Congress in 1996, Nirmal Prasad Mahato of Congress in 1991, and Sitaram Mahato of Congress in 1987 and 1982. Nakul Chandra Mahata of CPI(M) defeated Sitaram Mahato of Congress in 1977.
Sitaram Mahato of Congress won in 1972 and 1971. Girish Mahato of Lok Sewak Sangh/ Independent won in 1969, 1967 and 1962. In 1957 Manbazar was a joint seat with one seat reserved for ST. Chaitan Majhi and Satya Kinkar Mahato, both contesting as Independents, won in 1957. In independent India’s first election in 1951, there was a joint seat entitled Manbazar cum Patamda. The areas now forming part of Purulia district was then part of Bihar. Nitai Singh Sardar and Satya Kinkar Mahato, both of Lok Sewak Sangh won in 1951.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 August 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-27.
- "Manbazar". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-22.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Manbazar. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Manbazar. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-09-12. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "234 - Manbazar Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-26.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2010-10-05. Retrieved 2011-01-27.