This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Type||Mancherial Muncipal Council|
|• Body||Mancherial Municipality|
|• Total||35 km2 (14 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,500/km2 (6,600/sq mi)|
|• Official||Telugu, Urdu|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
504208, 504209, 504301, 504302, 504303
|Vehicle registration||TS 19|
Mancherial is a town and the Mancherial district of the Indian state of Telangana. It is both the district and administrative headquarters of Mancherial mandal in the Mancherial revenue division. It is located on the north banks of the Godavari River..It is located about 244 kilometres (152 mi) from the state capital, Hyderabad, 84 kilometres (52 mi) from Karimnagar and 155 kilometres (96 mi) from Adilabad.
Historically, it was part of Adilabad District, but now it is a separate district by itself. It was, until as recently as less than a hundred years ago, rich in forest resources and many small scale & large scale industries but was of little economic and political importance. Gonds mainly depended on farming for their livelihoods. After the Singareni Collieries Company coal mines were established in the region, it became industrialised. During the 1970s, an Industrial training institute was opened there.
As of the 2011 census of India, Mancherial has a population of 89,935. Males constitute 51% of the total population and females 49%. Mancherial has an average literacy rate of 75.71%, higher than the national average: male literacy is 83.16%, and female literacy is 67.92%. In Mancherial, 8% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Mancherial municipality has population of the 87,153.
Govt Colleges in Mancherial
- GOVT ITI MANCHERIAL ( www. govtitimancherialwebsite.blogspot.com )
- GOVT DEGREE COLLEGE MANCHERIAL
- GOVT JR COLLEGE MANCHERIAL
There are 2 revenue divisions in the Mancherial District.
|Sl.No.||Name of the District||Revenue divisions in the District|
Mancherial is well connected by road and rail from major parts of India. There is an unused airstrip at Basant Nagar Kesoram cement factory at Ramagundam which is about 25 km from Mancherial. It was used when the government of India was operating Vayudoot airlines, a subsidiary of Air India and Indian Airlines. After the closure of Vayudoot, it has not been in regular use.
TSRTC operates buses from Mancherial bus station to various destinations like Hyderabad, Adilabad, Warangal, Nizamabad, Nagpur, Guntur, Nirmal, Bhainsa, Shirdi, Mumbai, Nanded, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Hanmakonda, Jagtial, Korutla, Manthani, Komaram Bheem, Chennur, Kagaznagar, Peddapalli, Godavarikhani, Bhupalapally, Mahabubabad, Bhadrachalam, Bellampally, Siricilla and Vemulawada. It is connected by SH1, NH63, NH363 and Nagpur highway.
National Highway 63 (Nizamabad to Jagdalpur) passes through Mancherial. Rajeev Rahadari Hyderabad-Ramagundam-Komaram Bheem road passes through Mancherial, which is the shortest route to reach Hyderabad via Godavarikhani, Karimnagar and Siddipet.
Mancherial Railway Station is one of the A-category stations of Secunderabad division. It is one of the important railway stations in between Ballarshah and Kazipet Junction. Many superfast trains stop here.
- "The official website of Mancherial District". Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- "Adilabad District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. p. 98. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "District Census Handbook – Adilabad" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 13–14, 44. Retrieved 22 September 2015.
- Furer-Haimendorf, Christoph Von (1982). Tribes of India: The Struggle for Survival. University of California Press. pp. 51, 52. ISBN 9780520043152.
- Furer-Haimendorf, Christoph Von (1982). Tribes of India: The Struggle for Survival. University of California Press. pp. 99, 100, 101. ISBN 9780520043152.
- F?rer-Haimendorf, Christoph Von (1982). Tribes of India: The Struggle for Survival. University of California Press. p. 139. ISBN 9780520043152.
- "Schedule – II Reorganization Of Mandals In Mancherial District". http://www.districtsinfo.com. Retrieved 10 March 2017. External link in