|• Total||35 km2 (14 sq mi)|
|Elevation||147 m (482 ft)|
|• Density||2,500/km2 (6,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2011 census of India, Mancherial has a population of 86,911. Males constitute 51% of the total population and females 49%. Mancherial has an average literacy rate of 75.71%, higher than the national average : male literacy is 83.16%, and female literacy is 67.92%. In Mancherial, 8% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Mancherial is a commercial hub of the coal belt area of Singareni Collieries of Srirampur, Ramakrishnapur,Mandamarri and Bellampalli areas.Its proximity to the rich cement minerals and the coal mines fuels the economy. MCC (Mancherial Cement Company) is the cement production unit. Singareni Collieries are the largest employers in town, Orient Cement (Devapur) factory and Sirpur Paper Mills. It has a thriving market for agricultural products.There are around 150 ceramic pipes companies around it.SCCL power plant is under construction near Jaipur.
Mancherial is well connected by road from major parts of India. State run TSRTC buses runs to various towns and cities.
Mancherial is one of the A category stations of secunderabad division. Mancherial is located on the longest railway line, which is called the Grand Trunk line (New Delhi-Chennai). It is well connected by rail from various towns/cities in India. It comes under South Central Railways.
There is an unused airstrip at Basant nagar Kesoram cement factory at Ramagundam which is about 25 km from Mancherial. It was used when the government of India was operating Vayudoot airlines, a subsidiary of Air India and Indian Airlines. After the closure of Vayudoot, it has not been in regular use.
- Nadipelli Divakar Rao - MLA, Telangana Rashtra Samithi
- Balka Suman - MP, Telangana Rashtra Samithi
- Municipal Chairperson - M Vasundhara, Telangana Rashtra Samithi
- Municipal Vice Chairperson - Nalla Shankar, Telangana Rashtra Samithi
- "Basic Information of Municipality". Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Elevation for Mancherial". Veloroutes. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "District Census Handbook - Adilabad" (PDF). Census of India. p. 13–14,44. Retrieved 22 September 2015.
||Kaghaznagar, Telangana||Gadchiroli district|
|Nirmal, Telangana||Chennur,Sironcha, Gadchiroli district|
|Choppdandi, Telangana||Godavarikhani, Karimnagar,Hyderabad, Telangana|