|• Total||35.92 km2 (13.87 sq mi)|
|Elevation||147 m (482 ft)|
|• Density||2,400/km2 (6,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Mancherial is a town and district head quarter of Mancherial district of the Indian state of Telangana. It is the administrative headquarters of Mancherial mandal in Mancherial revenue division, situated on the north banks of Godavari River.
As of 2011 census of India, Mancherial has a population of 86,911. Males constitute 51% of the total population and females 49%. Mancherial has an average literacy rate of 75.71%, higher than the national average : male literacy is 83.16%, and female literacy is 67.92%. In Mancherial, 8% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Government and politics
Mancherial Municipality was constituted in 1956 and is classified as a first grade municipality with 32 election wards. The jurisdiction of the civic body is spread over an area of 35.92 km2 (13.87 sq mi).
- Nadipelli Divakar Rao – MLA, Telangana Rashtra Samithi
- Balka Suman – MP, Telangana Rashtra Samithi
- Municipal Chairperson – M Vasundhara, Telangana Rashtra Samithi
- Municipal Vice Chairperson – Nalla Shankar, Telangana Rashtra Samithi
Mancherial is well connected by road from major parts of India. By Hyderabad-Karimnagar-Ramagundam Hwy. State run TSRTC buses runs to various towns and cities.It is connected with SH1,NH63 and Nagpur highway. Mancherial is one of the A category stations of Secunderabad division. There is an unused airstrip at Basant nagar Kesoram cement factory at Ramagundam which is about 25 km from Mancherial. It was used when the government of India was operating Vayudoot airlines, a subsidiary of Air India and Indian Airlines. After the closure of Vayudoot, it has not been in regular use.
- "Basic Information of Municipality". Mancherial Municipality. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- "Elevation for Mancherial". Veloroutes. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "Adilabad District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. p. 98. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "District Census Handbook – Adilabad" (PDF). Census of India. p. 13–14,44. Retrieved 22 September 2015.
||Kaghaznagar, Telangana||Gadchiroli district|
|Nirmal, Telangana||Chennur, Sironcha, Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra|
|Choppadandi, Telangana||Godavarikhani, Ramagundam, Karimnagar, Hyderabad, Telangana|