Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel
|Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego|
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
|Hotel chain||Hyatt Hotels Corporation|
|Address||One Market Place
San Diego, California
|Owner||Host Hotels & Resorts|
|Management||Hyatt Hotels Corporation|
|Height||Tower I: 151.5 m (497 ft)
Tower: II 135.9 m (446 ft)
|Floor count||Tower I: 40
Tower II: 34
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Skidmore, Owings and Merrill|
|Number of rooms||Tower I: 875
Tower II: 750
|Number of restaurants||Sally's Seafood on the Water
Top of the Hyatt
Redfield's Sports Bar / Deli
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is a high-rise hotel complex in San Diego composed of two towers. The towers are the third and ninth tallest buildings in the city. Developed Doug Manchester and owned by Host Hotels & Resorts, the taller tower is the tallest building on the waterfront on the West Coast, and with 1,628 rooms, it is Southern California's largest hotel. Because of its proximity to the waterfront, as well as its amenities, the Manchester Grand Hyatt is referred to as a spa and resort.
The Manchester Grand Hyatt consists of two towers, the 40-story Harbor Tower built in 1992 and the 33-story Seaport Tower which was added in 2003. Starting in 2012, all of the guest rooms and suites had a complete renovation when the property was transferred to new ownership. A four-story building with a rooftop pool connects the towers to each other. The hotel's 1,628 guest rooms each have partial water or city views, and many offer views of the Pacific Ocean.
The hotel has three bars: the Top of the Hyatt, Brew 30, and the Grand Lobby Bar. The third floor holds a spa & salon with its private pool and the fourth floor holds the general swimming pool, whirlpools, and sun decks for all guests.
Top of the Hyatt
The 40th and top floor of the Manchester Grand Hyatt is known as the "Top of the Hyatt", a bar with views of San Diego, Coronado Island, and Mexico. The bar was awarded the title of "Best Upscale Bar" by SignOnSanDiego."
- "Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel". CTBUH Skyscraper Database.
- "Manchester Grand Hyatt Seaport". CTBUH Skyscraper Database.
- Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel at Emporis
- "Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel". SkyscraperPage.
- Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel at Structurae
- "Our Properties". Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Now Under New Ownership to Undergo Major Renovation". Market Wired. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Make a Grand Entrance - Rappel 33 Stories from the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego". The California Chronicle. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "Manchester Grand Hyatt". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Archived from the original on July 7, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego". San Diego Convention & Visitors Bureau. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "Expanded Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego now is hotel on Southern California coast". Los Angeles Business Journal. 2004-07-05. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "Digney York". Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- "Lounges/Bars". Hyatt Corporation. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "New Year's Eve". The Union-Tribune. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "Top of the Hyatt - Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego". San Diego Convention & Visitors Bureau. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- Reynolds, Christopher. "San Diego Nightlife Spots". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel San Diego". Hotels Combined. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego.|