Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel
|Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego|
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
Location in Central San Diego
|Hotel chain||Hyatt Hotels Corporation|
|Address||One Market Place
San Diego, California
|Owner||Host Hotels & Resorts|
|Management||Hyatt Hotels Corporation|
|Height||Tower I: 151.5 m (497 ft)
Tower: II 135.9 m (446 ft)
|Floor count||Tower I: 40
Tower II: 34
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Skidmore, Owings and Merrill|
|Number of rooms||Tower I: 875
Tower II: 750
|Number of restaurants||Sally's Seafood on the Water
Top of the Hyatt
Redfield's Sports Bar / Deli
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is a high-rise hotel complex in San Diego composed of two towers. The towers are the third and seventh tallest buildings in the city. Developed Doug Manchester and owned by Host Hotels & Resorts, the taller tower is the tallest building on the waterfront on the West Coast, and with 1,628 rooms, it is Southern California's largest hotel. Because of its proximity to the waterfront, as well as its amenities, the Manchester Grand Hyatt is referred to as a spa and resort.
The Manchester Grand Hyatt consists of two towers, the 40-story Harbor Tower built in 1992 and the 33-story Seaport Tower which was added in 2003. Starting in 2012, all of the guest rooms and suites had a complete renovation when the property was transferred to new ownership. A four-story building with a rooftop pool connects the towers to each other. The hotel's 1,628 guest rooms each have partial water or city views, and many offer views of the Pacific Ocean. All rooms are equipped with Wi-Fi Internet access, and iPod docking stations.
The hotel has three bars: the Top of the Hyatt, Redfield's Sports Bar, and the Grand Lobby Bar. The third floor holds Iconic, A Marilyn Monroe Spa & Salon with its private pool and the fourth floor holds the general swimming pool, whirlpools, and sun decks for all guests.
Top of the Hyatt
The 40th and top floor of the Manchester Grand Hyatt is known as the "Top of the Hyatt", a bar with views of San Diego, Coronado Island, and Mexico. The bar was awarded the title of "Best Upscale Bar" by SignOnSanDiego."
Iconic, A Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon
In November, 2014 - the 5,000 square foot spa underwent a full renovation serving as a refresh to the spa's 10 treatment rooms, steam room, sauna, Glamour room and relaxation spaces. The 3rd floor pool deck is an adult-only pool (ages 21 above) located off the spa's west wing on the third floor of Harbor Tower. The rooftop pool includes bottle service, cabana rentals, and hosts pool parties on holiday weekends in conjunction with Fortune Industries.
The Manchester Grand Hyatt is located on the Marina’s waterfront, a few blocks away from the Gaslamp Quarter, Seaport Village, as well as the San Diego Convention Center. The San Diego Trolley stops near the hotel which connects to several lines to reach the majority of the San Diego metropolitan area. The hotel is located only three miles from the San Diego Airport, less than a mile from Petco Park, an Amtrak train station, and Woodbury University's San Diego campus.
- Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel at CTBUH Skyscraper Database
- Manchester Grand Hyatt Seaport at CTBUH Skyscraper Database
- Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel at Emporis
- Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel at SkyscraperPage
- Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel at Structurae
- "Our Properties". Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Now Under New Ownership to Undergo Major Renovation". Market Wired. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Make a Grand Entrance - Rappel 33 Stories from the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego". The California Chronicle. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "Manchester Grand Hyatt". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Archived from the original on July 7, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego". San Diego Convention & Visitors Bureau. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "Expanded Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego now is hotel on Southern California coast". Los Angeles Business Journal. 2004-07-05. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "Digney York". Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- "Lounges/Bars". Hyatt Corporation. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "New Year's Eve". The Union-Tribune. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "Top of the Hyatt - Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego". San Diego Convention & Visitors Bureau. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- Reynolds, Christopher. "San Diego Nightlife Spots". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "Iconic, A Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon". NapkinNights. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel San Diego". Hotels Combined. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego". GoThere. Retrieved 2009-07-20.