Manchester Metropolitan University Business School
|Dean||Professor Julia Clarke (Pro-Vice-Chancellor)|
M15 6BH, United Kingdom
|Campus||All Saints Campus|
Manchester Metropolitan Business School is the business school of Manchester Metropolitan University and part of the University’s Faculty of Business and Law, which also includes Manchester Law School and the School of Tourism, Events and Hospitality Management.
It traces its roots as a provider of business education back to 1889 and is located in the city of Manchester, in Manchester city centre, situated close to a number of major railway stations, and less than 30 minutes from Manchester Airport.
The Business School moved into its brand new premises on the All Saints Campus, off Oxford Road in 2012 and offers a state-of-the-art learning and research environment. The Business School is the second largest business school in the UK with approximately 5000 undergraduate students, 1000 postgraduate students and 100PhD students.
Manchester Met Business School offers business education at every stage of the career ladder, from degree apprenticeships and undergraduate degrees, through to taught postgraduate and research degrees, executive education, MBAs and its innovative Master of Sport Directorship. It also delivers a range of work based training and qualifications to commercial clients including Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, Tesco, JD Sports, McDonald’s and ASDA George.
Manchester Metropolitan Business School is currently a double accredited business school, holding both AMBA and AACSB international accreditations. It is currently rated as among the top 5% of global business schools to have received ACCSB accreditation.
The Business School shares extensive links with professional and industry accreditations including:
- AACSB International – the Business School was awarded AACSB accreditation in February 2016.
- The Association of MBAs (AMBA) accredit their MBA, MBA in Digital Management, MBA in Financial Services and MBA in Strategic Health and Social Care
- Centre of Excellence status awarded by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). Its undergraduate and postgraduate human resource management degrees carry dual award accreditation from the CIPD.
- Centre of Excellence for the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs (IOEE). The IOEE recognise its business programmes for effective enterprise and entrepreneurship skills development and accredit selected units on its undergraduate business degrees.
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) has granted the business school approval for the delivery of the ACCA professional stage with the highest platinum rating.
- The Association for Project Management (APM) accredits two units on their MSc Project Management programme, which means that graduates from this Masters can gain exemptions.
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) accredits its MSc Logistics and Supply Chain programme, meaning that students who graduate successfully from this course are exempt from the academic requirements for membership of the CILT.
- The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) fully accredit its undergraduate and postgraduate marketing programmes. These include undergraduate degrees in Advertising and Brand Management, Marketing Management, Marketing and Public Relations, and Retail Management and Marketing. CIM also accredit its Masters courses in Marketing, Marketing Communications and Creative Advertising.
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) accredits two dedicated degree qualifications for CIMA members from Manchester Met Business School, BA (Hons) Sustainable Performance Management, and a Masters in Strategic Business Management. Both are delivered online and on-campus to CIMA members around the globe.
- The Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) accredits its undergraduate degree in Public Relations and Marketing and its MSc Public Relations.
- The Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) accredits its MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management degree, allowing graduates who meet the conditions specified to apply for MCIPS, the globally recognised standard for procurement and supply management professionals.
- The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is linked to a number of its business degrees including undergraduate programmes in business and management, postgraduate HR Management programmes and MBA programmes.
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) is liked to ita undergraduate accounting and finance degree and carries exemptions for ICEAW professional examinations.
- Approved Centre status awarded by The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
- The Institute of Place Management (IPM) was formed at Manchester Metropolitan University and brings together thought leaders and researchers in the areas of place management, town centre development, tourism and urban and rural place development. The Institute accredits its unique postgraduate degree, MSc Place Management and Leadership.
- Small Business Charter Silver Award awarded to its Centre for Enterprise.
- Recognition the European Doctoral Association for Management and Business Administration (EDAMBA)
- Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics
- Department of Management
- Department of Marketing, Operations and Digital Business
- Professional and Commercial Department
The business school’s doctoral research programme is recognised by the UK Government's research funding body, the Economic and Social Research Council, under the '1+3' system. Manchester Metropolitan Business School is also an active member of the European Doctoral Association for Management and Business Administration (EDAMBA). Research centres include:
- Centre for Enterprise
- Centre for International Business and Innovation
- Centre for People and Performance
- Centre for Policy Modelling
- Institute of Place Management
- Sylvia Pankhurst Gender Research Centre
Research from Manchester Met Business School has national standing in distinctive teaching and research specialisms including:
- Place Management
- Tax degrees
- Sport Leadership
- Entrepreneurial learning
- International business
- Designing employer-led programmes
- Business Management Professional Degree Apprenticeship
- Digital & Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship
- Our Degree Apprenticeships in detail >>>
Offers approximately 43 undergraduate degrees in the following subjects:
- Accounting and Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Economics and Banking
- Economics and Finance
- Accounting (Top Up)
- Sustainable Performance Management (CIMA online)
- M Business (Integrated Masters)
- Business Management
- Business Management with Law
- International Business Management
- Business (Top Up)
- Sports Management
- Sports Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- M Human Resource Management
- Combined Honours
- Business / Human Resource Management
- Business / Marketing
- Business / Psychology
- Business Enterprise / Human Resource Management
- Business Enterprise / Marketing
- Digital Media / Marketing
- Economics / International Business
- Economics / Politics
- International Business / Marketing
- Advertising and Brand Management
- Marketing Management
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Retail Management and Marketing
- Business Technology
- Our Undergraduate Courses in detail >>>
Postgraduate and Professional
Offers approximately 30 postgraduate degrees in the following subjects:
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Accounting and Finance (online advanced standing)
- MSc Banking and Finance
- MSc Economic and Financial Analysis
- MSc Financial Planning and Business Management
- MSc International Finance and Management
- ACCA Professional Qualification
- ACCA Professional Stage
- MSc Strategic Business Management (CIMA Online)
- MSc International Business Management
- MSc Human Resource Management
- MSc International Human Resource Management
- CIPD Level 5 Certificate: Human Resource Management
- Master of Sport Directorship
- MSc Marketing
- MSc Marketing (Communications)
- MSc Marketing (Creative Advertising)
- MSc Digital Marketing Communications
- MSc Digital Marketing
- MSc Public Relations
- MSc Public Relations and Media Management
- PgCert Public Relations and Digital Communications
- MSc Business Analytics
- MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MSc Project Management
- MSc Place Management and Leadership
- Our Postgraduate and Professional Courses in detail >>>
- Manchester Met MBA
- MBA in Digital Management
- MBA in Financial Services
- MBA in Strategic Health and Social Care
- Paul Walsh (CEO) Diageo
- Dianne Thompson (CEO) Camelot Group
- Jonathan Mildenhall (Chief Marketing Officer) Airbnb
- Mike Turner (former CEO) BAE Systems
- David Fairhurst (Corporate Executive VP, Chief People Officer) McDonald's EMEA
- Gordon Taylor (CEO) Professional Footballers Association
- Business School of the Year 2016 Winner – Educate
- Business School of the Year 2016 Highly Commended – Times Higher Education Awards
Manchester Metropolitan University Business School In The News
- MMU Business School among top five per cent of global universities
- British Business School receives recognition for work with HMRC
- More News >>>
- "Business School: Conferences & Meetings: Conference and Events". Manchester Metropolitan University. 2015. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "Is HR the business ? - CIPD and MMU Joint Conference". Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. 2015. Retrieved 3 February 2015.