Manchester Township, Dearborn County, Indiana
Location of Manchester Township in Dearborn County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||45.5 sq mi (118 km2)|
|• Land||45.48 sq mi (117.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2)|
|Elevation||899 ft (274 m)|
|• Density||70.7/sq mi (27.3/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453601|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 45.5 square miles (118 km2), of which 45.48 square miles (117.8 km2) (or 99.96%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 0.04%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
Manchester Township contains several cemeteries, most on private property and in disrepair. Many contain the remains of early area pioneers born in the 18th and 19th centuries.
Indian Mound •13999 Livingston Rd.
Green •North Side of Rumsey Rd.
Elam Road •Elam Rd.
Givan •13080 County Farm Rd.
Milburn •North Hogan Rd.
Tyrell •18323 Rumsey Rd.
Cook •North Hogan Rd.
Kyle Family •16046 Possum Ridge Rd.
Roberts Family •16684 Possum Ridge Rd.
Holman Crossroads •12651 North Hogan Rd.
Luther Plumer •8688 State Route 48
Miliken •21106 Quail Ridge Ln.
Aiken •Possum Ridge Rd. near Karst Rd.
Busse •Ester Ridge Rd.
Cundale Family Burial Ground •Possum Ridge Rd.
Ebenezer Baptist Church •16393 State Route 148
Freeman •10998 County Farm Rd.
Hathaway •20485 North Hogan Rd.
Hogan Hill Baptist •13298 North Hogan Rd.
Horham •20998 Konradi Rd.
Johnston Family •North Hogan Rd.
Lowes •Hogan Creek Rd.
Manchester •Union Ridge Rd.
McKinstry •Hogan Creek Rd., west of Chapin Rd.
Mendel •Off Stinson Rd.
Old Hogan Hill •Hogan Hill Rd.
Platt •North Manchester Rd.
Platt •19006 Platt Rd.
Second Manchester Baptist •South side of State Route 48 near Burns Rd.
Simms •North Hogan Rd.
Tibbets •Platt Rd.
Emerson •6291 Kaiser Dr.
Ellis •11940 Rumsey Rd.
Wrights Corner Methodist Episcopal Church •7435 State Route 48
Bears •North Hogan Rd.
Lowes (#2) •Location Unknown
Barton •11469 County Farm Rd.
Dearborn County Home (original) •11529 County Farm Rd.
Dearborn County Home (new) •11529 County Farm Rd.
Zion Lutheran Church •10629 State Route 48
Zion Methodist •State Route 48
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Indiana State Historic Architectural and Archaeological Research Database
- "FAQ". Aurora Public Library District. Retrieved 4 March 2018.