Manchester Township, Morgan County, Ohio
|Manchester Township, Morgan County, Ohio|
Methodist church at Reinersville
Location of Manchester Township in Morgan County
|• Total||18.6 sq mi (48.1 km2)|
|• Land||18.3 sq mi (47.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|Elevation||981 ft (299 m)|
|• Density||7.7/sq mi (3.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086689|
Located in the northeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Brookfield Township, Noble County - north
- Sharon Township, Noble County - east
- Center Township - south
- Meigsville Township - southwest corner
- Bristol Township - west
- Meigs Township, Muskingum County - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Manchester Township.
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Manchester Township is located in Adams County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
As of 2007, the trustees are Steve Houston, Christopher Lewis, and Robert Post, and the clerk is Darlene Cain.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Morgan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Manchester Twp., Morgan County. Accessed 2007-07-02.