Manchester 62 F.C.
|Full name||Manchester 62 Football Club|
The Red Devils of Gibraltar
Winston Churchill Avenue, Gibraltar
|Chairman||John Charles Camilleri|
|Manager||Juan Carlos Camacho|
|League||Gibraltar Premier Division|
|Website||Club home page|
Manchester 62 F.C. is a football club based in Gibraltar. The club was previously known as Manchester United (Gibraltar) F.C. in honour of Manchester United, having officially changed from the 2013–14 season. The club's crest was altered also to reflect the name change. Manchester 62 is currently a member of the Gibraltar Premier Division. The club, like all others in the territory, currently play at the Victoria Stadium on Winston Churchill Avenue.
The club was founded as Manchester United F.C. in 1962, named in honour of the English club Manchester United by a group of supporters, after the manager Matt Busby gave them permission to use the name. They play in the Gibraltar Football League's First Division. United play their home games in the Victoria Stadium. In 2013, UEFA gave the Gibraltar Football League one place each in the qualifying rounds of both the Europa League and the Champions League, meaning that, for the first time, the two clubs could potentially meet in the same competition.
- 1962–2000 : Manchester United (Gibraltar) Football Club.
- 2000–2002 : Manchester United Eurobet Football Club.
- 2002–2008 : Manchester United (Gibraltar) Football Club.
- 2009–2013 : Manchester United Digibet Football Club.
- 2013– : Manchester 62 Football Club.
The club is currently sponsored by the Gibraltarian branch of the Spanish fuel company CEPSA.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Gibraltar Football League
- Division One, Champions: 1975, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1984, 1995, 1999
- Division Two, Champions: 1974
- Gibraltar Cup
- Winners: 1977, 1980, 1997,2003
- Gibraltar 2010/11 RSSF.com
- GIBRALTAR – Fussballtempel.net
- Gibraltar awarded Champions League qualifying spot – BBC
- Gibraltar 2001/02 – RSSSF.com
- Mens – Gibraltar Football Association
|This article about sports in Gibraltar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This football article about a European club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|