Manchester United Football Ground railway station
|Location||Old Trafford, Manchester, Trafford|
|Managed by||Northern Trains|
|Classification||DfT category F2|
|Post-grouping||Cheshire Lines Committee|
Manchester United Football Ground railway station, often known as the Old Trafford Halt or Manchester United FC Halt, is a railway station adjacent to Old Trafford football stadium in Stretford, Greater Manchester. It is on the southern Liverpool Lime Street-Manchester Piccadilly railway line, between Deansgate and Trafford Park.
The station was constructed by the Cheshire Lines Committee and opened on 21 August 1935. It was provided with one timber-built platform and was served, on match days only, by a shuttle service of steam-hauled trains from Manchester Central railway station. It was initially named United Football Ground, but was renamed Old Trafford Football Ground in early 1936. The date of change to the current name is not known.
Served only on matchdays, the station is directly adjacent to the Old Trafford football stadium and passengers leave the station by the stadium's South Stand. It is one of very few National Rail stations in Great Britain not to be included in the ORR station usage stats.
- "HOW TO GET TO OLD TRAFFORD". Manchester United. Manchester United. Archived from the original on 6 June 2019. Retrieved 4 June 2019.
- "Manchester Utd Football Gd (MUF) Station Plan". Archived from the original on 24 November 2009. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- Northern [@northernassist] (10 April 2019). "It was seen as a health and safety risk to the club. ^VR" (Tweet). Retrieved 17 June 2019 – via Twitter.
- Butt 1995, pp. 237, 178, 154
- "Estimates of Station Usage 2017-18 Frequently Asked Questions" (PDF). Office of Rail and Road. ORR. Archived (PDF) from the original on 4 June 2019. Retrieved 4 June 2019.
- Train times and station information for Manchester United Football Ground railway station from National Rail
- Northern Rail Network Map (with MUF on)
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Manchester U. F. G. - Piccadilly
(Match days only)