|• Body||Gram panchayat|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-KA|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Dakshina Kannada (Lok Sabha constituency)|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Bantwal Assembly Constituency|
|Nearest Airport||Mangaluru Airport|
Manchi (Kannada: ಮಂಚಿ) is a village in the southern state of Karnataka, India. The village has most of the lands under agriculture. Over 90% of people are literate. nearest town is B.C Road which is 12 km from Manchi. In Manchi there is a primary school established in 1950 and another highschool. Roads connect B.C Road, Vitla, Manglore and Kalladka. It is located in the Bantwal taluk of Dakshina Kannada district in Karnataka. The office of the Grampanchayath is in "Kukkaje".
- Shri Durgaparameshwari Temple, Montimar
- Shri Gopalakrishna Temple, Manchi.
- sarvesha kanchila (udbhalinga)
- Shri Gopalakrishna Vishwastha Mandali, Kanakagiri, Manchi.
- Nagaveni Manchi (Atthimabbe award winner)
- Mithra Venkatraj (Famous writer)
- Dr.B V Karanth (Indian dramatist , founder of Rangayana, Saraswathi samman winner & Director)
- Dharanidevi malagatthi ( Writer ,a police officer)
- Manchi Shreenivas Achar (chairman of Arecanut commission)
- Kaiyoor Narayana Bhat (President, Dharma Jgarana Prathishtana,Re. Manchi-Ira)
- Smt.Anitha Naresh Manchi (Kannada writer)
- Village code= 2704700 "Census of India : Villages with population 5000 & above". Retrieved 2008-12-18.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "Yahoomaps India :". Retrieved 2008-12-18. Manchi, Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka
|This article related to a location in Dakshina Kannada district, Karnataka, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|