This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Manchu Manoj Kumar
20 May 1983
|Residence||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
(m. 2015; div. 2019)
|Parent(s)||Mohan Babu, Nirmala Devi|
Manchu Manoj Kumar is an Indian film actor known for his works exclusively in Telugu cinema. Kumar first appeared at the age of ten as a child artist in Major Chandrakanth. He made his film debut in a leading role with Donga Dongadi in 2004. He received the state Nandi Special Jury Award for his work in Bindaas.
Kumar was born on 20 May 1983 to film actor Mohan Babu and Manchu Nirmala Devi. He has an elder sister Lakshmi Manchu and an elder brother Vishnu Manchu, who are both Tollywood actors. He received his bachelor's degree from Southeastern Oklahoma State University.
Manoj was familiar to the Telugu audience right from his childhood. He played many roles as a child actor in his own banner movies where his father Mohan Babu is shown as a child in flashbacks. He was well received for the role he played in the movie Punyabhoomi Naa Desam, starred by his father.
He started his career as a hero in 2004 with a movie called Donga Dongadi. In 2005, he appeared in the movie Sri and next in Raju Bhai in 2007. His movie Nenu Meeku Telusa...? was an average grosser, but was known for its melodious music. In 2009, his first movie Prayanam, under the direction of Chandra Sekhar Yeleti did moderately well. His first movie in 2010, Bindaas, turned out to be the biggest hit of his career. Another movie in 2010, Vedam, was a critical and commercial success. He gained accolades for his role in Vedam. In 2012, he starred in Mr. Nookayya and Uu Kodathara? Ulikki Padathara?. In March 2013, he announced 5 films. His subsequent releases were Potugadu, Pandavulu Pandavulu Thummeda and Current Theega.
|1||1993||Major Chandrakanth||Telugu||Child actor|
|2||1997||Adavilo Anna||Telugu||Child actor|
|4||2004||Donga Dongadi||Vasu||Telugu||CineMAA Awards - Best Male Debut, Remake Of Thiruda Thirudi|
|5||2005||Political Rowdy||Himself||Telugu||Special Appearance|
|7||2007||Raju Bhai||Raju Bhai||Telugu||Remake of Chithiram Pesuthadi|
|8||2008||Nenu Meeku Telusa...?||Adithya||Telugu||Dubbed in Tamil as Yennai Theriyuma|
|10||2010||Bindaas||Ajay||Telugu||Nandi Special Jury Award|
|14||2012||Uu Kodathara? Ulikki Padathara?||Manoj||Telugu|
|16||2014||Pandavulu Pandavulu Thummeda||Ajay||Telugu|
Save The Farmer
It is a noble initiative to encourage people to donate a day of their annual salary to the farmers who provide us with the food we eat, so that we can fill their stomachs too! This mission is all about saving farmers, and bringing back a smile on their faces.
It works by way of one donor nominating others on social media to do so. Manoj has nominated Minister KTR, Rajamouli, Rana Daggubati, Sai Dharam Tej, and GV Keshav.
- "Chitchat with Manoj". idlebrain.com. Retrieved 24 October 2010.
- "Manoj Manchu announces five films". idlebrain.com. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- "Manchu Manoj's next titled Current Theega - Times of India". The Times of India. 15 January 2017. Retrieved 17 October 2019.
- "Manchu Manoj ties the knot with Pranathi in a star-studded ceremony". India Today. 21 May 2015. Retrieved 26 May 2019.
- "Telugu Actor Manchu Manoj Confirms Divorce with Wife Pranathi Reddy". News18. 17 October 2019. Retrieved 17 October 2019.
- "nandi award". cineradham. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "Manoj on a new mission". The Hans India. 28 May 2017. Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- "Manchu Manoj on a new mission". Tollywood.net. 29 May 2017. Retrieved 29 May 2017.