Mandalay City Development Committee
|မန္တလေးမြို့ စည်ပင်သာယာရေး ကော်မတီ|
Office of the Mandalay City Development Committee
|Formed||December 29, 1992|
|Jurisdiction||City of Mandalay|
|Headquarters||Mandalay City Hall|
The Mandalay City Development Committee (Burmese: မန္တလေးမြို့ စည်ပင်သာယာရေး ကော်မတီ; abbreviated MCDC) is the administrative body of Mandalay, the second largest city in Myanmar (Burma). MCDC has wide-ranging responsibilities, including city planning, land administration, tax collection, and urban development. MCDC raises its own revenues through tax collection, fees, licenses and property development. MCDC's chairman acts as Mayor of Mandalay, and sits as the Municipal Minister for the Government of Mandalay Region. MCDC is currently chaired by Mayor Ye Lwin.
MCDC was established first established by the State Law and Order Restoration Council's 1992 City of Mandalay Development Law. In 2002, the said law was repealed by State Peace and Development Council and replaced with the 2002 City of Mandalay Development Law. Mandalay Region Hluttaw enacted the new MCDC law in 2014 December. MCDC was formed by the Mandalay Regional Government, and legally comprises 13 to 15 members, including a Chairman who acts as the Minister (Mayor), and a Vice-Chairman, who acts as the Vice-Mayor.
- Administration Department
- Motor Transport & Workshop Department
- Market and Slaughter House Department
- Finance Department
- Revenue Department
- Cleansing Department
- Playgrounds, Parks and Gardens Department
- Building and Central Stores Department
- Roads and Bridges Department
- Water and Sanitation Department
- Urban Planning and Land Administration Department
- Public Relations and Information Department
- Inspection Department
- Agriculture and Livestock Breeding Department
Projects are being carried out in all sectors with the three objectives, namely;
- to make the city clean
- to keep the city beautiful
- to enable the city dwellers to enjoy a pleasant life
- Mandalay Region
- Yangon City Development Committee
- Naypyidaw Development Committee
- Mandalay Convention Centre
- The State of Local Governance: Trends in Mandalay. United Nations Development Programme. December 2014.
- Si Thu Lwin (6 April 2016). "Mandalay Region Cabinet Approved". Myanmar Times. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- "THE CITY OF MANDALAY DEVELOPMENT LAW (1992)" (PDF). State Law and Order Restoration Council Law. 29 December 1992. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "City of Mandalay Development Law (2002)" (PDF). State Peace and Development Council. 14 November 2002. Retrieved 27 June 2015.