Mandalay State Beach
|Mandalay State Beach|
IUCN category V (protected landscape/seascape)
|Location||Ventura County, California, USA|
|Nearest city||Oxnard, California|
|Area||92 acres (37 ha)|
|Governing body||County of Ventura|
Mandalay State Beach, also called Mandalay County Park, is a protected beach in the city of Oxnard, California, United States. Managed by Ventura County for the California Department of Parks and Recreation, the park preserves an area of undeveloped sand dunes and wetlands that was once common along the 16.5-mile-long (26.6 km) coastline of the Oxnard Plain.
The 92-acre (37 ha) site was established as a California state park in 1985 to preserve public access to the beach while providing for continued protection of the adjacent natural area. Snowy plovers and least terns nest on the beach.
Day-use access is available for the 2,920 feet (890 m) of shoreline. There are no support facilities within the park or on the adjacent city beach. Ample parking on the adjacent public streets provides an access point for California Coastal Trail.
Beachwalkers may reach McGrath State Beach upcoast and Oxnard Beach Park downcoast. These parks can also be reached by the Pacific Coast Bicycle Route on Harbor Boulevard. Mandalay Beach Road is close to the beach and provides an alternate route through the Oxnard Shores neighborhood using public streets and bicycle/walking trails to destinations south, including Channel Islands Harbor and the Channel Islands Beach neighborhood.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Mandalay State Beach
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Mandalay County Park
- "Mandalay Beach". County of Ventura. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- "SUBSEQUENT ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT FOR FOCUSED GENERAL PLAN UPDATE and Related Amendments to the Non-Coastal Zoning Ordinance and Zone Change ZN05-0008" County of Ventura (June 22, 2005)
- "California State Park System Statistical Report: Fiscal Year 2009/10" (PDF). California State Parks: 18. Retrieved 2013-12-14. of Mandalay State Beach
- "Mandalay SB". California State Parks. Retrieved 2013-12-14.
- California Coastal Trail Hiker's Guide: Ventura County Section 6 Map and popup link Point Data: Mandalay State Beach / Mandalay County Park entrance Accessed 21 January 2014
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Oxnard Shores
- "Mandalay Beach Park". Your Coast. California Coastal Commission. Retrieved 10 February 2016.