Fields near Mandapeta
|• Total||65 km2 (25 sq mi)|
|Elevation||12 m (39 ft)|
|• Total||56,063 |
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Mandapeta, also called as Mandavyapuram is a town and an A-grade municipality in East Godavari district in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is a market place and a place of recreation for many surrounding villages and it is famous for its rice mills.
Mandapeta mandal receives a cumulative average annual rainfall of 1037.2mm.
Mandapeta is located in the East Godavari Sub basin of the larger Krishna Godavari Basin.
As per 2011 census, the urban agglomeration is home to about 56,063 people. Among them, about 49% are male and about 51% are female, Population density of the town is 2477 persons per km2. 88% of the whole population are from General category, 11% are from Scheduled castes and 1% are Scheduled tribes. Child population (aged under 6 years) of Mandapeta municipality is 9% of the total population in which 52% are boys and 48% are girls. There are about 15,000 households in the town.
The Primary and Secondary School Education is imparted by Government, Aided and Private schools, There are many reputed schools and colleges in and around the town under the School Education Department of the state. The mediums of instruction followed are English & Telugu.
There is a non-residential Government Junior College for both boys & girls. It was established in 1969. The medium of instruction is Telugu. There are many Private Junior Colleges too.
Mandapeta is well connected with roads. The road that runs towards Alamuru connects the town at Jonnada with National Highway 16 that runs from Kolkata to Chennai. Buses that depart from Kakinada towards Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Bengaluru and other locations in South Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema pass through Mandapeta. SH 102 connecting Dwarapudi and Yanam passes through Mandapeta connecting it to Tapeswaram, Draksharama and through Dwarapudi to Rajahmundry via SH 40. The roads connecting Mandapeta to Dulla (connects Rajahmundry), Kapileswarapuram and Jonnada were also among the existing state highways of Andhra Pradesh.
The nearest railway station to Mandapeta is at Dwarapudi which is 8 km away. Nearest major railway station is Rajahmundry railway station which is 25km away.
Mandapeta has no operational water transport system nearby. However, Small boats do use the canals and pass through the Tapeswaram Locks nearby occasionally.
The nearest airport to Mandapeta is Rajahmundry Airport which is 30km away.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Elevation for Pedakurapadu". Veloroutes. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- "Mandal wise list of villages in East Godavari district" (PDF). Chief Commissioner of Land Administration. National Informatics Centre. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 January 2015. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 March 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 30 March 2019. Retrieved 1 March 2019.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)